Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

"B" Pillar Exterior Applique Question

Reynard
08-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Tried to search the forum for an answer to my issue, but could not seem to find one. Sorry if I'm duplicating another thread.

On my 4-door 2002 GP, the exterior "B" pillar applique on the driver door is chipped and starting to rust- very ugly and annoying.

My question: does anyone know if a driver door applique from a 2-door is the same/will work on the 4-door?

Might try the junk yard for one if it's in good condition.

They don't seem difficult to replace, but if anyone here has any experience with them that may seem otherwise, I'd appreciate any advice/tips.

Thanks!

tblake
08-03-2010, 07:38 PM
May want to consult a body shop. I spoke to a friend of mine who owns his own body shop about the same issue. He just orders replacements. I think he said they just unscrew and peel off. Don't quote me on that.

Reynard
08-04-2010, 01:37 AM
May want to consult a body shop. I spoke to a friend of mine who owns his own body shop about the same issue. He just orders replacements. I think he said they just unscrew and peel off. Don't quote me on that.

Thanks!

Tried a couple of junk yards and all they had were ones on full salvage doors that they were unwilling to separate from the door itself.

Ordered one from an on-line GM parts store for about 60 bucks that specified it was for the sedan. My only concern now is if it's going to be the flat black finish and not the more glossly/clear-coated one that came with the car. Guess I could always get it painted.

And am now pretty sure it's a straight forward replacement.

Thanks for the reply!

tblake
08-04-2010, 09:11 AM
Sounds good, and good luck!

Reynard
08-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Here's an update for anyone who may do this in the future.

While it is a very simple job, there was just a little more to it than I had originally thought. After a little bit of searching on the internet I came across these very detailed instructions from a Grand Prix Club in Ontario and Quebec:

http://www.oqcgp.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=37955

It was extremely helpful and has great step-by-step pictures.

Add your comment to this topic!