Page updated on 05-20-2018

Laser Electrical problems

08-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Hey guys.

I have a 93 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo and I'm definitely not a car guy.

I've replaced all the fuses inside the car --

I'm not a smoker, but when I went to put my phone charger in the cigarette battery charger port, it wasn't getting any power. How can one fix this?

also, randomly, one day several things stopped working (Power locks, Stereo, Door Ajar indicator, Interior lights [floor and dome lights].) I took a multimeter to the stereos wiring and saw that the constant/memory wire was only getting .01 volts, instead of the 16+ it should be getting.

To remedy my stereos problem, I ran a wire from the stereo harness to the battery with an inline fuse. But that doesn't fix all the other problems (and it looks pretty ghetto).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

08-02-2010, 05:10 PM
When you look at the fuse box below the dash, the fuse in the bottom right spot controls I believe all the above issues. The 12v constant from the battery is ok but chances are, the fuse is blown. I know you said you replaced it but there could be a short somewhere in the wiring.

Add your comment to this topic!