2006 Toyota Tacoma - keyless entry programming help

kdavis1049
08-01-2010, 04:00 PM
I need the keyless entry programming instructions for my 2006 Tacoma or some help with the instructions that I have. Really I just need someone to explain to me how this works about a transponder key and programming the remote.
I bought a remote module on eBay and what was sent was the remote module and a key which I would assume is the transponder key. I was instructed to access a website (http://www.programyourremote.com/classified/DisplayAd.asp?id=1296) where I could find my programming instructions and at one point during the procedures it said to put the key in the ignition and turn it to the ON position but the key doesn't have notches on the edge to facilitate turning it to the ON position, it is more like a blank key. Have I been had or do I need to have a dealership make the key and charge an arm and a leg which I can't afford?

kdavis1049
08-02-2010, 08:36 PM
OK guys...I heard from the folks that sold me the remote module and they said the extra key they sent is just a non chip blank and to use my original ignition key to program it. I did so and had SUCCESS!!! I figured out that when I turned the key to the ON position that I didn't twist it far enough. I was only turning it to the accessory position and not all the way. When I did what I was supposed to do, everything went as they said it would in the instructions.

Add your comment to this topic!