Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Car Interior Cleaning

jjohnston91
07-24-2010, 01:23 PM
I have completely gutted the interior of my car, cleaned everything up, new carpet, and am now putting it all back in. I am curious about seats. I have cloth seats and vacuuming them and shampooing them doesn't seem to take the "OLD" smell out. Can seats be soaked in a detergent like OXY clean or similar, or will this cause more problems than its worth due to the padding soaking up the water...

j cAT
07-24-2010, 07:20 PM
I have completely gutted the interior of my car, cleaned everything up, new carpet, and am now putting it all back in. I am curious about seats. I have cloth seats and vacuuming them and shampooing them doesn't seem to take the "OLD" smell out. Can seats be soaked in a detergent like OXY clean or similar, or will this cause more problems than its worth due to the padding soaking up the water...

if your up to it , take the seat foam out . wash with a little bleach and laundry soap mixed in a large bucket/5 gal pail ..dry very thoughly then use a wet vac with carpet shampoo and odor remover applied to clean the cloth material..

Add your comment to this topic!