Left door lock switch not working

Servicetech
07-24-2010, 06:37 AM
Right switch works OK. I checked the switch and it is fine. It started out only working when the door was opened all the way. Probably a broken wire somewhere. Where do I start? Looks like a PITA to to resolve, but it's also a PITA to reach over to the passenger side to lock the doors.

Blue Bowtie
07-24-2010, 10:21 AM
Seems like you might get to do this:

http://www.wwdsltd.com/files/N-BodyWindowRegulator.jpg

The harness has probably flexed enough to start chafing/wearing wires in the jamb/hinge area. Look at the light blue wire in the door harness and/or the orange wire which feeds power to the switch. If the door switch will pulse the locks to unlock but not lock, the switch has power and the orange wire is probably O.K. If the door switch will not pulse the locks in either direction, look into the orange wire. That's what happened to mine.

Servicetech
07-24-2010, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the reply. Next cool day we have I'll take a look. Damn, I hate pulling door panels!

Servicetech
07-26-2010, 09:16 PM
I took the switch apart and it checks ok. The right switch will operate the left lock so I know the lock is okay. I don't see any chafing anywhere. There has to be a break in the wiring somewhere, but I don't see it anywhere. What I need is a wiring diagram so I can understand how the switch operates and I can ohm out some wires and also check power.

Add your comment to this topic!