Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Brake related question

bhw33191
07-21-2010, 03:59 PM
So my rear brake line popped today, front still works but it was a bit of a scare lol. The good thing is i can do burnouts much easier lol. Its a simple fix obviously but my question is, the "brake" light came on my dash i was just curious how my car knows somethings wrong being an 83. I guess it has a simple pressure sensor or something?

j cAT
07-21-2010, 07:15 PM
So my rear brake line popped today, front still works but it was a bit of a scare lol. The good thing is i can do burnouts much easier lol. Its a simple fix obviously but my question is, the "brake" light came on my dash i was just curious how my car knows somethings wrong being an 83. I guess it has a simple pressure sensor or something?

I think the differential pressure switch mounted under the driver seat area on the frame rail throws the switch which puts the light on when front/rear pressures are not approx. the same..

where did the brake line blow right rear on axle area ?

bhw33191
07-22-2010, 10:46 AM
I think the differential pressure switch mounted under the driver seat area on the frame rail throws the switch which puts the light on when front/rear pressures are not approx. the same..

where did the brake line blow right rear on axle area ?

The line blew above the rear axle years ago before i owned the car. The mechanic replaced just that area. So for me it blew right under the drivers door at a bend in the line.

j cAT
07-22-2010, 10:51 AM
The line blew above the rear axle years ago before i owned the car. The mechanic replaced just that area. So for me it blew right under the drivers door at a bend in the line.

thats the area where the pressure brake light switch should be...has a lot of brakes lines going to it..

Add your comment to this topic!