Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Upper Strut bearing pop sound?

LostCarGRL
07-20-2010, 11:46 PM
So, i went to the dealership and got new tires, and my upper strut bearing replaced along with an allignment. I drove to work which is mostly high-way miles, and I heard this loud "pop" sound. Like when you have water bottles in your car thats been hot than they cool off, and reshape? Or if you step on them and they make that crushing sound, that what i heard. I stepped on the break to slow down I was comming to my exit, and it started to make a "grinding" sound.... Could this be because my Struts were not put on correctly? or what???? If so, can I still drive this back to where i go it fixed in the first place?

rhandwor
07-23-2010, 08:29 PM
So, i went to the dealership and got new tires, and my upper strut bearing replaced along with an allignment. I drove to work which is mostly high-way miles, and I heard this loud "pop" sound. Like when you have water bottles in your car thats been hot than they cool off, and reshape? Or if you step on them and they make that crushing sound, that what i heard. I stepped on the break to slow down I was comming to my exit, and it started to make a "grinding" sound.... Could this be because my Struts were not put on correctly? or what???? If so, can I still drive this back to where i go it fixed in the first place?
Call the dealership and ask for a free tow to get it checked. After they talk to you they may ask you to drive it in to be checked.

Add your comment to this topic!