Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Good motorcycle/after market/racing forums

-Jayson-
07-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Ive been trying to find a good after market or racing or just some type of advanced modifying forum where I can go for help with my bike. Im on kawiforums.com but it seems most people there dont really know jack shit beyond exhaust/air filter/tune/sprockets. Its like every question I ask no one seems to know the answer or I get a response like "why waste your money making a bike faster when you can just buy a faster one" cause i like moding my shit damn it!

Basically I am looking for help with a couple of things.

I found some pistons that will bump my compression for 11.5:1 to either 12.5 or 13.5, the bike has a tune for 87 octane from the factory, but I dont know how much compression can be run on pump gas on a bike. I also dont know how well the head and gaskets can hold up to the extra compresison.

I also want to start doing some research into putting a turbo on my bike, I know that seems like a waste of money, but I really like my bike and plan on keeping it for a while and I really enjoy having unique one off things. How many custom turbo bikes do you see? It would be pretty badass to hear a blowoff between my legs :naughty:.

So any suggestions on advanced motorcycle forums?

BP2K2Max
08-05-2010, 11:18 PM
ur on KF? i'm on there as BP. u should figure out exactly what you wanna do first. i wouldn't waste the money getting high compression pistons, if you're gonna end up boosting the motor. plus i tend to agree that it's much more cost effective to just step up to the next class of bike if you want that much more power out of it. not to mention the swing arm and chassis of your current bike aren't made to handle 120+ hp. i've seen a few guys that have boosted their 6R's but i've never heard of anyone boosting the 650.

Add your comment to this topic!