Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

AC stopped working after oil change

Nebeno
07-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Took my car to Mr. Tire today for a standard oil change (not a huge Mr. Tire fan, but their across the street from my work, so it's easy). When I left, my AC was totally dead. I've never had even a slight problem with the AC not working or not being cold enough. I left the house during the hot afternoon with the AC blowing, no problems. Left the car there for about an hour, when I left there was nothing. My Matrix is a 2003 with 130k miles. I've never recharged the AC or messed with it (had the car since about 90k miles).

I called Mr. Tire when I got home (after driving three times, total of about 30 minutes) and the guy said it must have just been a coincidence, there's no way anyone could have messed it up doing an oil change (they also did a tire rotate and balance), and the AC can just die like that all of a sudden. What do you all think? Does AC just die like that? Could maybe a new guy at a chain like that mess something up trying to do an oil change? Even if there may have broken something, is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks,
Ben

gator2764
07-23-2010, 09:02 AM
Is your compressor even turning on? Do you even have freon in the lines? It could be something as simple as them bumping a connector loose somewhere in there.

Add your comment to this topic!