Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Jimmy cruise control vacuum

rugerdog
07-19-2010, 01:24 AM
Hi,

I replaced my vacuum lines to the 4x4 switch on the firewall and the HVAC controls. I was pulling on the 3rd line (located on T shared with the above 2 lines. The hose let go, but from down by the drivers fender. The line appears to be about 6" long and I can't find the location it came from? I have plugged the line off from the T as I needed to drive the vehicle. Just wondering if the hose is part of the cruise control? Not sure if 2000 Jimmy 4x4... 4.3L uses a vacuum, or is it all electric? That damn short vacuum line has got me stumped.

Thanks

rugerdog
07-19-2010, 03:34 PM
Help! Still waiting for one of you moderating guru's to get me out of this problem. I'll try and explain the problem again. I replaced the 7/32 vacuum line from the engine to the drivers side fender. The line supplies 3 smaller lines. One coverts to a smaller plastic line, I think it goes to the climate control. The second line, 5/32, goes to the 4x4 switch on the firewall. The THIRD line, 5/32, I was pulling on to remove it from the tee but the other end came off instead. The line was only 6-7 inches long and appeared to continue towards the drivers side fender???? I need to find out where it goes so I can replace it, or, worse case scenario, I'll have to run a new line through the firewall, but I need to know what it supplied.

Thanks again.

rugerdog
07-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Gees, still waiting for a reply???? Also, where the heck is the vacuum canister located? Hopefully I won't have to take it to the body shop and have them remove the quarter panels to access it, or have the motor pulled :banghead::banghead:

GM at it's best. I hope they pay their engineering designers well. They're the ones that make the company rich with all the crap that these vehicles require after the initial sale..... :disappoin:disappoin

old_master
07-21-2010, 05:59 PM
The vacuum line goes to a vacuum reservoir inside the driver fender, ahead of the hood hinge and next to the ABS module. Cruise control is all electric.

Add your comment to this topic!