Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

AC Blower Fan Won't work on any settings

92pgrandle
07-17-2010, 07:50 PM
HI,
My Air Conditioner compressor went out about a week ago, had that replaced all was well until today. When I started the car I turned on the AC and the fan wouldn't come on, not on any setting. I checked all the fuses (the ones I know of under the passenger side and under the hood) and none of those were bad.
What could be my problem and is this something that is going to cost as much as having the compressor replaced?
Thanks in advance

BTW It's a '92 Grand Prix Le

07-18-2010, 09:12 AM
hello, you did not mention engine size: there is 3.4 and 3.1 (I assumed you have 3.1)

check the following:

test for 12 V at the blower motor connector with ignition on and ac on, if you see 12V replace motor if not test things mentioned below.
10A cluster fuse
25A HVAC fuse
low blower relay
high blower relay
high blower relay terminal 2 (red wire) should have 12 V all the time if not replace 60A fusible element

07-18-2010, 10:21 AM
I am confused now, post #1 refers to 92 grand prix

and yes compressor has to be engaged so it can pull and distribute freon, jump start the compressor with 2 wires straight to 12v to charge it some, then test for 12V at the connector again.

BNaylor
07-18-2010, 10:29 AM
I am confused now, post #1 refers to 92 grand prix

That member posted in the wrong forum so all his posts were moved so disregard.

07-18-2010, 10:42 AM
That member posted in the wrong forum so all his posts were moved so disregard.

Thank you boss, I was there a moment ago.

BNaylor
07-19-2010, 06:20 PM
No yo did great man, I appreciate it. I sent you a larger email explaining some of the issues, maybe you didn't get that one. After re-charging the freon, I watched it all leak out and make a mess blowing all around my motor. It seems the front seal or a seal is out in the compressor so I had to go find a new comressor today. Did good got one out of a 00' LeSabre with the same Ident# numbers for 80.00. Now I just have to R & R that project. Thanks again, I think this forum is outstanding.

:nono:

Gentlemen,

Final warning. Please keep this thread on topic and related to a Pontiac Grand Prix only. There is a reason why we have individual forums for respective GM cars.

And Myers_8 how about updating your thread at Buick Park Avenue. See link below.

Click here (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1037503)

92pgrandle
07-20-2010, 10:47 AM
I am totally confused by this thread now.
Update the fan started working after 2 days of not working have no idea what the problem was, the guy I took it to said it is most likely the fan going bad. He said if it did it again to bump the fan if it comes on bring it to him and he will replace the fan.
Thanks for you reply 3100.
I didn't know how to do the 12v check but I did check all the fuses.
Thanks again.
Kandie

BNaylor
07-20-2010, 06:48 PM
I am totally confused by this thread now.

That is the main reason why it is not a good idea to hijack another member's thread versus starting a new thread or posting in the wrong forum based on the year, make and model. The posts have been removed from this thread and moved to the appropriate threads to cut down on confusion. Not to mention additional moderation actions to clean up the mess. :frown:

If this keeps up I guess I'll have to warm up my banstick. If anyone has any questions or where the moved posts are feel free to PM me.

Add your comment to this topic!