'40 Ford Help

Didymus
07-15-2010, 01:32 PM
I'm building a Revell/Monogram '40 Ford Convertible, the "Pro Modeler" kit. So far I've been painting stuff, including the body and seats and some chassis and engine parts. But I'm wondering if anyone has tips or warnings about how to put it all together.

Right now, the clear windshield piece is taller than the outer frame. And the edge is thick. I'm tempted to sand the top edge lower and thinner. Will that cause problems later on?

My plan is to build it like a late '50s SoCal hot rod for the street. I want to use the dropped axle and keep it stock height in back. As you can see, I've gotten the Replicas and Miniatures tuck-n'-roll interior. There were no disc brakes available back then, so I'll use the stock drums. I'll probably leave it topless. So it'll be a mix of stock and custom parts.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

rsxse240
07-16-2010, 12:05 AM
I'm sorry I don't have any advice to give you on this build, but I must say, if that is the paintjob you've done in the picture, it looks fantastic. The dark red and yellow/tan seats go so good together.

Didymus
07-16-2010, 12:24 AM
if that is the paintjob you've done in the picture...

Thanks! It's DuPont Lexus Matador Red Mica 1K urethane, cleared with U-POL. Only the fenders are completely rubbed out in the pic. The seats are a mix of Floquil Reefer White and red, green and yellow enamels, thinned with lacquer thinner.

Add your comment to this topic!