1999 suburban brake lights not working

p diddy
07-13-2010, 07:22 PM
I recently was told that my brake lights are not working iu have a new pedal switch. All of my other lights work signal,and running. Ti's just the brake lights.

jdl
07-13-2010, 08:02 PM
Does the high-mount brake lite work? If it does, the problem isn't the switch. If none work, check voltage to and from the brake switch. Orange wire is hot all the time, supplies voltage to brake switch. When brake switch is activated, the white wire goes hot, also, carries voltage for brake lites.

p diddy
07-15-2010, 07:16 PM
If it getting no voltage then whats the problem. I know its sounds crazy but i don't have a clue with this one.

777stickman
07-15-2010, 08:31 PM
Is your Sub an Old Body Style (looks like a '95) or a New Body Style (looks like an '01)?

And please answer the question as posted above if the 3rd high mount brake light works.

p diddy
07-15-2010, 10:08 PM
it's the old body style. No the 3rd brake light doesn't work

jdl
07-16-2010, 12:08 PM
Does the hazzard lites work? Check the stop/haz fuse. Not only check the fuse, use a voltage tester on the fuse circuit, it should be hot all the time.

p diddy
08-02-2010, 08:12 PM
While after 3 week of loking. and 215 dollars on multifunction switch. The wires for the brake light switch were burnt, until the purple and green wire came apart. The white wire was burnt half way through.

j cAT
08-02-2010, 09:55 PM
While after 3 week of loking. and 215 dollars on multifunction switch. The wires for the brake light switch were burnt, until the purple and green wire came apart. The white wire was burnt half way through.

thanks for your solution...can you give us the location of this wire defect / failure ? this will help other members..

not sure you mean the brake pedal brake light switch wires burned out???

p diddy
08-06-2010, 07:41 PM
thanks for your solution...can you give us the location of this wire defect / failure ? this will help other members..

not sure you mean the brake pedal brake light switch wires burned out???

The switch for brake lights that's on the brake pedal. The connector for it has two ends. A big end and a lil square end. It has 6 wires on it the were burnt. Just trace the wires back.

Add your comment to this topic!