Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

electrical problems

ITSWRONGWAY
07-10-2010, 09:46 AM
my 03 windstar has 37000 miles on it and is starting to give me trouble with the dome lights they come on and blink while driving and stay sometimes . I had to turn off the light switch to stop it. I did put a new switch in but it didn't stop the problem and now the drivers side window will go down but not up all the time . sometimes I need to slam the door to get it back up. the door ajar light will come on and i'll check the doors to make sure they are all closed and the light will still be on, i drive about 2 miles and auto door locks will lock and the door warning light will go out. does anyone know what could cause this to be happening ? the 4 local dealers by me are clueless to what the problem is. thanks.

wiswind
07-11-2010, 06:27 AM
One common cause of some of your problems could be one of your door closed sensor switches being dirty.
This will cause the door open light to stay on......and doom lights to come on below a certain speed.
The front door switch is mounted inside the door....below the latch.
The sliding doors and rear hatch have switches also.

I am guessing that the auto lock feature will not work until all the doors are closed (as indicated by all the sensor switches).

Front door window, on my '96, over time, one of the side rails for the window glass came off.
It is cheap and easy to fix......buy replacment at dealer and it is held in place by 2 bolts.
The window regulator (the part that drives the window up and down) may need lubrication also.

Add your comment to this topic!