Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

no power to coil wire

ruffus
07-10-2010, 09:19 AM
95 s10 2.2 I have no power to the pink wire at the coil with key on or cranking. Does somebody have wire diagram for this in need to track down where power comes from on that wire. If I put battt. power to that wire everything will power up and it will run. Any info would be appreciated Thanks Ruffus

Blue Bowtie
07-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Check Fuse 10 (20A). That fuse should be labeled "ECM/IGN" and provides power via a pink wire to the injectors, ignition coil, crank position sensor, and ignition module.

ruffus
07-10-2010, 05:23 PM
I check all the fuses in the dash none that has power is bad. what else could it be?

trox
12-06-2011, 02:41 PM
The 20 AMP fuse is under the hood in the box I believe. I have a problem similar but I have 2.3 volts at the pink wire connector to the Ignition Coil Module. Sometimes it will read 12+ and work fine. This intermitant problem gives me hard and sometimes no starts. Did you figure out the problem with yours?

j cAT
12-07-2011, 08:44 AM
The 20 AMP fuse is under the hood in the box I believe. I have a problem similar but I have 2.3 volts at the pink wire connector to the Ignition Coil Module. Sometimes it will read 12+ and work fine. This intermitant problem gives me hard and sometimes no starts. Did you figure out the problem with yours?

with the ignition switch on this must be 12volts. locate the ignition switch and tap it to see if the voltage changes....

it can also be bad coonector or wire. my guess would be the sw if you look this over .

trox
12-13-2011, 05:45 PM
Thanks guys, I found the 15A CMP 1 fuse blown. Probably arched the ICM while checking for power triggering to the coil posts. Have 12 volts back now and it starts but only when its cold on the first start of the day. I started another thread for not starting. You can get the latest from that thread.

j cAT
12-14-2011, 06:53 AM
Thanks guys, I found the 15A CMP 1 fuse blown. Probably arched the ICM while checking for power triggering to the coil posts. Have 12 volts back now and it starts but only when its cold on the first start of the day. I started another thread for not starting. You can get the latest from that thread.

with the info given now only cold start , the ignition module is the cause in many cases. this can be tested at autozone with the wells tester. a new module costs 47.oo ......

call the store first that they do have this available to test it for you.

Add your comment to this topic!