Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1998 Mustang Base 3.8L Fuel Sender

gbusby
07-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Is the fuel level sender in a 98 Mustang Base part of the fuel pump or is it seperate?? I have searched for the part and the only level senders I can find are generic replacements. Some fuel pumps indicate that they provide level sending as well.:frown:

mikesheldon
07-15-2010, 03:41 AM
It should be in your trunk by your left tail light.If it is an electronic pump, it is supposed to come on and then stop once the fuel pressure has been reached. Does it run or have you tried to start it

gbusby
07-15-2010, 08:06 AM
I think I wasn't clear enough in my post. My fuel gage indicates 1/4 tank when i run out of gas. I tried searching for a new fuel level sender thinking i simply needed to switch it out. But when I searched for the part, I keep getting a fuel pump. Sometimes the specs on the pump mention the level sender and sometimes it doesn't. So what I need to know is, do I have to change the fuel pump to correct the eror in the fuel gage??

97Bird
07-15-2010, 06:32 PM
The fuel level sending unit is part of the fuel pump module. $$$$! Price ranges from about $200 to $400 depending on where you buy it.

Add your comment to this topic!