Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

apexi

detoX
05-12-2003, 02:35 PM
is the V-AFC anygood? what is it primary used for? can they increase power? cause some mechanic told me that their good for nothin..their just for show..it that true?

SiRII
05-12-2003, 02:38 PM
that's wrong. you can control your vtec and run rich air fuel mixture.

detoX
05-12-2003, 02:43 PM
is it hard to learn to use it?

SiRII
05-12-2003, 04:35 PM
i think the instructions are in japanese. i can't remember if it's in english. but, it's easy to use.

"The V-AFC features a user-definable, eight-point, adjustable fuel curve that can be set in 500 RPM increments. The range of fuel adjustment is 50% at each of the user-defined setting points. The Fuel Adjustment function considers wide/narrow throttle and low/high camshaft settings, from which four different fuel maps are created (wide-low, wide-high, narrow-low, narrow-high). The integrated VTEC Controller adjusts the point at which the engine switches from the Lo to Hi cam during acceleration, as well as when the engine switches from the Hi to Lo cam during deceleration."

B16EJ1
05-12-2003, 04:58 PM
That's funny the way you copied that on there. Are you a spokesperson for Apexi? :lol2:

SiRII
05-12-2003, 05:02 PM
well it explained it didn't it

B16EJ1
05-12-2003, 05:04 PM
Yeah but most people post a Apexi link instead of trying to sound like the mad scientist on the Fast and the Furious.:hehehe:

SiRII
05-12-2003, 05:06 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/anderson/thunderbirds/images/p3_brains.jpg

B16EJ1
05-12-2003, 05:08 PM
What? :confused:

BOOSTD
05-13-2003, 03:46 AM
Best thing to do is get it installed by someone who knows what they are doing. The mechanic that told you they are for show knows sweet f@#k all. They arent too hard to use but when you get it installed I am sure the mechanic will explain everything to you.

TheRebirth
05-13-2003, 07:50 PM
i heard they only useful if your engine's well-built.

detoX
05-15-2003, 10:46 AM
any feedback who has one whould be great guys. how does it increase hp? and what is it really used for..is it like used for cars that has turbo?

BOOSTD
05-15-2003, 11:23 AM
It doesnt increase horsepower. It basically allows you to tune your engine (control airflow, fuel etc) at the push of a few buttons. If correctly setup your car will run more efficiently and will be more responsive etc. The true potential will arise if your car is modified.

SiRII
05-15-2003, 12:51 PM
i believe that it does give you more hp. http://www.members.aol.com/ryoucold/prelude/apexi/apexi.htm

liquid8
05-15-2003, 01:42 PM
it probably will if you have mods but that's the same as with any tuning. you will gain hp cuz tuning will extract the most hp out of a mod it can

detoX
05-20-2003, 01:52 AM
damn it..i got the v-afc the air/fuel is fine but the v-tec controller doesnt work..my mechanic sez that he doesnt have a diagram for it and the apex website also sez to it doesnt work on 01+ civic but my air/fuel works fine, anyone hav a diagram that could help me? preetee please..damn it.:mad:

detoX
05-21-2003, 08:05 AM
anyone???:( could anyone atleast tell me if i make the wrong connection could i damage something?

jcrx
05-24-2003, 06:31 PM
The most I have heard of in the way of gains is 12WHP and that was on a dyno.It is a good tool for mildly built motors,with basic bolt ons and maybe some cam improvments.It can be used in boost AKA the "VAFC Hack".The "hack" makes it possible to tune the AFC for boost application without the help of a bypassed MAP sensor, such as the use of missing link or check valve. The theory is simple. MAP input is vital for the ECU to calculate fuel efficiency. The ECU constantly compensates to changes of the power plant through various sensors. What the AFC does is allow MAP reading manipulation while assisting the ECU on fuel enrichment per RPM status.....and there it is..... the AFC "hack" in the works. Unlike a Boost Dependent FMU which only provides fuel enrichment at boost condition, the AFC actually assists the ECU on fuel management at all RPM band. It lets the ECU compensate with the changes while the AFC is maniipulating the voltage output of the MAP sensor. It hides the "actual" true reading of the MAP but still lets the ECU thinks that the input is an actual reading. The problem with this AFC 'hack" is that, it has to set the fuel enrichment lean to avoid MIL/CEL with a MAP code. I guess it can be considered a hack because it is set up so no FMU or missing link is needed.

detoX
05-25-2003, 04:43 PM
ok ok..what mods can i do to make use more of my v-afc..besides from cams?

jcrx
06-02-2003, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by detoX
ok ok..what mods can i do to make use more of my v-afc..besides from cams?
Cam gears and FPR, jump on a dyno and tune it.

detoX
06-04-2003, 05:18 AM
whats FPR?

jcrx
06-04-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by detoX
whats FPR?

Fuel Pressure Regulator.

Add your comment to this topic!