Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1991 radio problem

skutchje
07-08-2010, 05:59 AM
my '91 corvette with Bose radio + CD + cassette didn't come on last night. I checked the radio fuse in the auxilliary box under passenger side dash and fuse in the main box - BOTH OK. Clock comes on, but when I turn on the radio, nothing - station does NOT show up in display and antenna does not come up. And for some odd reason, time showing was way - way off from the day before. Is there another breaker, fuse or link somewhere? Anyone know where I can find a radio removal procedure for this thing?

hatethewindstar
01-02-2011, 03:09 PM
my '91 corvette with Bose radio + CD + cassette didn't come on last night. I checked the radio fuse in the auxilliary box under passenger side dash and fuse in the main box - BOTH OK. Clock comes on, but when I turn on the radio, nothing - station does NOT show up in display and antenna does not come up. And for some odd reason, time showing was way - way off from the day before. Is there another breaker, fuse or link somewhere? Anyone know where I can find a radio removal procedure for this thing?

strange as it sounds my 1990 did this and turned out to be the wiper fuse powers the CDM and if that fuse is blown a white wire on the CDM tuner recieves no power and clock will only be displayed on the head unit and it will also not keep correct time.

Add your comment to this topic!