Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Which Evo??

BOOSTD
05-12-2003, 12:48 PM
I want to get a Fujimi Evo VIII but I dont know which one to get. At my LHS they have 2 kits, the Evo VIII RS and the Evo VIII GSR. What is the difference between the two full scale cars? From what I can see the only difference between the models are the wheels. I want to make a nice jap style Evo with Advan (or similar) rims, which one would be best?

njh
05-12-2003, 12:53 PM
Fujimi has an Advan Evo VII
http://www.hlj.com/cgi-perl/hljpage.cgi?FUJ18703

BOOSTD
05-12-2003, 12:59 PM
Thanks for that but I really wanna do an Evo VIII. There is something about the car that makes it look so aggressive :twoguns: Also please forgive my ignorance on this post, I dont know Mitsubishi's from a bar of soap.

JDM Evo7
05-12-2003, 01:41 PM
The GSR has the AYC and ACD active differentials and yaw control. It has the Brembo brakes, and sound deadening material, a stereo, etc.. The RS is stripped and ready for conversion to full race car. Knowing Fujimi though I doubt there's any difference between the two kits aside from the wheels. Hell the Fujimi EvoVII kit has the seats from the EVO VI. Typical Fujimi.

Rtuned
05-12-2003, 02:46 PM
Get the GSR. You will hate the RS wheels like hell. They give you wheel that's look like spare rims.:D

BOOSTD
05-12-2003, 11:36 PM
Yeah the pic of the rims on the box looked pretty crappy. Someone has mentioned pram wheels before when referring to these wheels. I guess I will go with the GSR.

Add your comment to this topic!