Civic O2 Sensor Eliminator

JDM00CivicEX
05-11-2003, 02:13 AM
i have a test pipe on my 00 civic ex and now my check engine light comes on. i went to this website http://www.zx2racing.com/mods/mods_mil.htm where it shows how to make an eliminator to get rid of the check engine light so you can pass the state inspection, but this eliminator is for a ford focus. i was wondering if anyone knows how to make an eliminator for a civic please let me know how? thank you

r33th4x0r
05-11-2003, 02:40 AM
hey, i was just wondering, did you get you test pipe with the o2 sensor bung? (yes 91civicDXdude, i said bung, har har) I thought that might keep the light from coming on, but i dont know. Oh, i dont think you will pass state inspections by making this eliminator... it'll make the check engine light turn off, but your emissions will still suck. Sorry i cant answer your question about making the eliminator. Ive heard you can buy them pretty cheap though.

crxlvr
05-11-2003, 08:33 AM
yeah just cuz the light is out on the dash dont mean they wont figure out that your damn O2 sensor aint working, as soon as the test the pipe for the polluntant levels, your gonna get owned.

91civicDXdude
05-11-2003, 02:19 PM
take a multimeter and test the resistance of the o2 sensor at idle and warm, then test it at higher rpm. take those two values, find a middle value, and replace the o2 sensor with an equilevant resistor. voila, instant circuit. BTW, replacing the o2 sensor with something like this will probably hurt your performance, seeing as how the o2 sensor is used to calculate air/fuel ratio..

JDM00CivicEX
05-11-2003, 03:18 PM
well on the newer civics they dont do emisions, all they do is stick a wire that comes from the computer(inspection machine) underneath the steering wheel, they dont stick anything in the exhaust, and yes i did get the test pipe with the o2 bung and i have my o2 sensor screwed in the test pipe. i made an eliminator, but that didnt help, the light came on after i rebooted the ecu. if you know how to make one let me know.

Add your comment to this topic!