Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Eureka!!!!!! O2 sensor...

jbmays
11-02-2001, 04:54 PM
Hey,
It wasn't the EGR, it was the O2 sensor that was messing with my car. The check engine light came on a few days ago, so I ordered the sensor yesterday, put it on today. Checked the ecu code, and it was the o2 sensor. Put it back in normal mode, and the light went off. Now, the car doesn't run like crap when cold. Hopefully, my mileage will improve, too.

Thanks to all who helped.

Jeremy

GtRider
11-02-2001, 10:16 PM
how much did you paid for your 02 sensor?
what brand did you buy?
what codes was reading on your ecu?

jbmays
11-02-2001, 11:39 PM
Bosch, $63.99 at Advance Auto
The ECU blinked 3 slow, 3 fast, which on the SE-R page says O2 sensor, and it DEFINITELY fixed my problem. Car runs much smoother when cold, and my gas mileage is waaaaayy better!

Worth the money I spent, now I just have to get the tranny to stop leaking fluid....

Jeremy

NismoPC
11-03-2001, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by jbmays
Worth the money I spent, now I just have to get the tranny to stop leaking fluid....

Jeremy

Jeremy

Where is it leaking? the reason I ask is because, if it is a slight leak, it could just be the tranny switches. They tend to leak. There are two of them and they are about $8 a piece. There is one on both sides of the tranny and they look almost identical.

Just a thought.

P10DET
11-03-2001, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by jbmays
Bosch, $63.99 at Advance Auto

Did that include the Nissan connector, or did you have to do some soldering? If it included the connector, do you have a part number?

ricecube77
11-03-2001, 01:06 PM
Geo, im pretty sure i bought the same Bosch sensor from carparts.com.. costed the exact same.

It says it comes with a connector, and the Bosch website says the same.

Part # 13039

-Phil

GtRider
11-03-2001, 04:54 PM
another PROBLEM!
i was reading the codes on my ecu and it reads
10-5
9-1
checked the se-r page
it says
1005 EGR solenoid valve circuit? 0901Front oxygen sensor heater?
what is that?
what it looks like?
where is it?

jbmays
11-03-2001, 11:28 PM
Did that include the Nissan connector, or did you have to do some soldering? If it included the connector, do you have a part number?

Yes, it had the connector, and the little plastic clip that holds the wire. It was a perfect match to the factory one. I don't have the box handy, but I can get you the part # if you need it.

Jeremy

P10DET
11-04-2001, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by GtRider
1005 EGR solenoid valve circuit? 0901Front oxygen sensor heater?
what is that?
what it looks like?
where is it?

You probably have a clogged EGR tube. That is covered pretty well on SE-R.net. The O2 sensor heater is built in to the sensor. You'll have to replace it.

GtRider
11-04-2001, 12:58 PM
hey thanks alot P10DET!

GoodJuan
11-07-2001, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by NismoPC

Jeremy

Where is it leaking? the reason I ask is because, if it is a slight leak, it could just be the tranny switches. They tend to leak. There are two of them and they are about $8 a piece. There is one on both sides of the tranny and they look almost identical.

Just a thought.

What are tranny switches? My tranny is leaking a bit though i didn't notice it until after i got it. 93 g20 83k miles on it. *brilliant idea* i'll just check the service manual...damn that thing is cool.

found it, thanks nismopc

jbmays
11-07-2001, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by NismoPC

It was the front main seal, plus the pan seal. Got it fixed, plus strainer changed for $250. Seemed like a good deal and they only kept my car for a day.

Now it's not doing ANYTHING wrong. Happy am I!!!!!!

Add your comment to this topic!