Zcvtec

94tegRS
05-09-2003, 10:29 PM
ok, I am building a crvtec for my hatch, and the engine I pulled was a DOHC ZC.

and ive heard of a mini me swap, the SOHC VTEC head on a the SOHC non vtec blocks, but would the SOHC VTEC head fit on a DOHC block? cuz I heard LS VTEC makes more torque and HP than the GSR, does the mini me put more torque and HP than the D16z6, cuz I heard the Z6 puts out 88 pounds of torque and 127 HP, and my ZC puts out 130HP and I thought i read somewhere 103 pounds of torque or so, if the VTEC head fits would it put out less torque because it aint DOHC anymore?

and is there any (JDM, ADM, CDM, anywhere) DOHC D series VTEC heads I could swap to the ZC.

civickiller
05-10-2003, 03:35 AM
wait if your building a crvtec, then why does it matter about that zc

94tegRS
05-10-2003, 02:45 PM
cuz the SOHC VTEC heads are dirt cheap on ebay and I could sell it easier if it had more power and vtec. or maybe I would put iot in another car, just wanna know whats possible, K?

b16a3sol
05-10-2003, 05:17 PM
SOHC heads will not fit on DOHC blocks.
DOHC heads will not fit on SOHC blocks.

as far as i know, there are not any DOHC d-series motors.

crxlvr
05-10-2003, 09:42 PM
the zc is considered a D-series block and its DOHC.

but you cant mix a d-series and a b-series motor together, let alone a SOHC and DOHC motor.

PWMAN
05-11-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by b16a3sol

The ZC is a DOHC, and the D16A1 out of an 86-89 integra is DOHC. Did you mean DOHC VTEC? cuz theres none of them.
But yes what you said about DOHC's not fitting on SOHC blocks and vice versa is correct.

94tegRS
05-11-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by crxlvr
but you cant mix a d-series and a b-series motor together, let alone a SOHC and DOHC motor.

I never said I wanted to mix a b series to a d series, I know it wont work. and I was asking about the SOHC and DOHC cuz on ebay a guy selling a Z6 head said it would fit on the ZC.

Originally posted by B16a3sol
SOHC heads will not fit on DOHC blocks.
DOHC heads will not fit on SOHC blocks.

first gen integras have em and thats what the ZC is.

I didnt think that sohc heads could go to DOHC blocks untilk i read that auction, seemed plausible cuz i thought maybe it bolted up to the block the same, but just had one cam controlling all valves instead of one for exhaust and one for intake, the valves and plug could still be over the cylinder, just run differently, but now I know it wont, thanks

and about the DOHC VTEC "D" series (maybe where you got the B series from) I just wanted to know if it ever existed, Ive never heard of it, but there are things in japan that naver make it over here.

91civicDXdude
05-11-2003, 02:17 PM
88-89 integras have em and thats what the ZC is.

The DOHC ZC and the D16a1 are not the same engine. they are similar, but not the same.

94tegRS
05-11-2003, 02:40 PM
as you see, I was refering to the quote that was above that statement I made about the integra and thew ZC, the quote said that -

as far as i know, there are not any DOHC d-series motors

then i said that 1st gen integras have them and that ois what the zc is, meaning that 1st gen integras have DOHC d's and that is what the ZC is (a DOHC D series)

civickiller
05-11-2003, 03:45 PM
i could of sworn i heard somebody on here was putting a sohc vtec head on a zc. but giving up dohc for sohc vtec, youll come out in the end with the same results, both with 130hp, and the sohc vec zc, might even be less because of the flow the dohc head gives, i would just keep it dohc

crxlvr
05-11-2003, 04:34 PM
i read this once, and never saw it again, so i dont think it exists.

but i read somewhere that there was a DOHC VTEC ZC motor, i cannot confirm this as there was no picture, but it did have different specs than the ZC did, but im sure it was a typo.

and still no that you cant convert a dohc block to a sohc head, nothing will align(like oil passages, coolant holes, etc)

94tegRS
05-11-2003, 09:14 PM
thanks, I have read on osakajdmmotors about a VTEC ZC as well, but didnt believe it cuz thats the only place ive ever read it , but that would be cool if it was true. and ZC is being left alone I guess.

Add your comment to this topic!