Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Will the Gallardo have a Targa top model ?

slagwater
05-09-2003, 06:48 PM
I'm looking for a present for my wife and she wants a car that is either convertable or has a removable top like my Diablo Roadster.

I think the Gallardo is absolutely beautiful (MUCH more exciting to look at than the Murcie) but really hope it will be available with a Targa top like the Diablo Roadster.

Anyone know for sure ?

thx..slag..

Menu dei Motori
05-10-2003, 06:22 AM
there definetly will be a gallardo roadster.

but i´m not sure if it will have a roof.

the murci roadster will have NO roof like the prototype murci barchetta.

vryfast83704
05-12-2003, 05:32 PM
I'm not sure either Slagwater but my sources say their will be an open top version in 2005 along with a GTR version possibly in 2004. I thing that a GTS version would be most appealing myself.

hiphophomer
05-12-2003, 06:49 PM
those are the tops on the older viper, right, the ones that come right off, and the diablo, when you ress the button between the seats, but anyways i have no idea:bloated: .and in the diablos on the convertables did they have a sliding and targa top, or only targa???:confused:

hiphophomer
05-12-2003, 06:51 PM
Also, will there even ever be a targa or convertable murcie????

SuPeRcAr_MaN
05-12-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by hiphophomer
Also, will there even ever be a targa or convertable murcie????

There already was a Murcielago Barchetta (roadster) prototype. You have to ask Menu when it will be released...

hiphophomer
05-13-2003, 06:56 PM
NOT THAT, i mean a targa or a convertable! not a barchetta because the top doesnt come back so i dont like that idea.

TexasF355F1
05-13-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by hiphophomer
NOT THAT, i mean a targa or a convertable! not a barchetta because the top doesnt come back so i dont like that idea.
Barchetta means convertible in Italian. But the Murci Barchetta has no top of course.

SuPeRcAr_MaN
05-13-2003, 08:07 PM
Oops. My bad, I got confused. I think since they have a no-top roadster for the Murci they will not make another topless model... Am I right?

hiphophomer
05-13-2003, 09:26 PM
Fine... i mean one with a top and its top can come off too, not that one like the concept, OK!:D

Gafoto
05-14-2003, 01:06 PM
I think they probably will end up making a roadster Gallardo. Don't forget that Lamborghini is hard pressed to put out new cars as constantly as porsche or other companies so they have to keep their cars fresh. Taking the roof of the car is easy for the company and makes the car look bettter by keeping the look fresh. The Murcielago roadster will be essentialy the same with just a sliding top. But they can charge more for it! :silly2:

Gafoto
05-14-2003, 01:10 PM
oooh I almost forgot some reccomendations beyond the Lambos. Some obvious choices would be Porsche or Ferrari for some open road excitement but a nice Lotus Elise would be an alternative worth considering. It's small, light, with a good amount of power, fun to drive, and most of all it has a diablo-style targa top. You obviously seem to be in the market for expensive vehicles so you might indeed want to go for a italian exotic but lotus is a refined affordable ($50,000?) british car which is worth a look. And of course dont forget one of my favorite convertibles, the 360 Spider ;)

hiphophomer
05-14-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Gafoto
I think they probably will end up making a roadster Gallardo. Don't forget that Lamborghini is hard pressed to put out new cars as constantly as porsche or other companies so they have to keep their cars fresh. Taking the roof of the car is easy for the company and makes the car look bettter by keeping the look fresh. The Murcielago roadster will be essentialy the same with just a sliding top. But they can charge more for it! :silly2:
cool, i hope they do that;)

Menu dei Motori
05-15-2003, 07:01 AM
hi guys.

there is no murcielago roadster planned with a top you can open and close.
there will only be a fully opened murcielago which will also be a bit flatter than the normal murci.

about the gallardo i´m not sure yet.
there will be an open top version. but i still don´t know if you can close it...

Gafoto
05-15-2003, 05:52 PM
That is very odd to me. I really like that fact that the Diablo Roadster has the top that just slides back and can be replaced on the vehicle when you stop. I think it is obvious that some aftermarket company is gonna start making the tops for the Murcielago if Lamborghini doesn't do it. At least give them the top to put on it when you park it! That is foolish.

I dont really thing the Gallardo will benefit from having an open top. It's just not that kind of car. The Murci is just far to manly to not have a open top. :silly2:

hiphophomer
05-15-2003, 09:31 PM
that would really suck if you were driving then all of a sudden it would start to rain, you would damage the seat or interior, you would be soaked, and people would think you would be retarded on the highway when your driving during the rain with the top off.:D

spare_me_a_murci
05-16-2003, 06:19 AM
ask some Ferrari 360 Spider owners what they do when that happens... it's also a roofless/coverless car!

Menu dei Motori
05-18-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by spare_me_a_murci
ask some Ferrari 360 Spider owners what they do when that happens... it's also a roofless/coverless car!

the 360 spider has a fully automatically operated soft top!
even the 550 barchetta which you probably mean has a soft top. but it must be put on manually and you can only drive up to 120 kmh with that thing on. and there is a hardtop available made by a company 30km away from me in munich...

Sean
05-28-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Menu dei Motori

the 360 spider has a fully automatically operated soft top!
even the 550 barchetta which you probably mean has a soft top. but it must be put on manually and you can only drive up to 120 kmh with that thing on. and there is a hardtop available made by a company 30km away from me in munich...

yuck... the car looks gross with its softtop on, expeciall from the side. i wonder what would happen if you went over 120? would it rip off?

Menu dei Motori
05-29-2003, 12:03 PM
i have no clue what would happen. but probably that what you said... :(

hiphophomer
06-09-2003, 08:54 PM
why would lamborghini have such a horrible idea like that!? for that price they should at least have another top besides the softtop something smart like what the mercedes have or the diablos did!:killbarne

raven1822
06-20-2003, 09:14 AM
19/06 - News: Gallardo set to lose its roof in 2004

Lamborghini personnel have confirmed that the Gallardo which is set for production later this year will also be available in a Roadster configuration some time during 2004.

Did not see this posted earlier in the thread so . . .

lambocars
06-22-2003, 12:17 PM
Hello,

there is an excerpt from an interview with Mr Mischke, chairman at Lamborghini, online at the Lamborghini Cars website, under the 'newsflash' section.
He states that towards mid 2004 the Murcielago Barchetta Concept will enter production in a slightly modified design, while a Gallardo Roadster will debut only in late 2005.

Kind regards

hiphophomer
07-01-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Menu dei Motori
hi guys.

there is no murcielago roadster planned with a top you can open and close.
there will only be a fully opened murcielago which will also be a bit flatter than the normal murci.

about the gallardo i´m not sure yet.
there will be an open top version. but i still don´t know if you can close it... BUT WHAT THE HELL WILL HAPPEN IF IT RAINS!?:mad:

TimSalewsky
07-09-2003, 01:43 AM
You get very wet?

Sean
07-09-2003, 02:03 AM
you plan ahead, or stop under a bridge

Add your comment to this topic!