The New Supra Is Real

Pages : [1] 2

KOSMO
05-09-2003, 11:13 AM
The new Supra is going to production and is going to look like the pics out there but will be a bit different in final production,can't wait to see the real thing and trade my 2002 Is300 in for it(there will be two engines,SIZE??V8 or v6 non-turbo and turbo???still might be a "tt").
Might have to join this forum and not the is300.net forum in one years time!!!

Supra650RSP
05-12-2003, 12:06 AM
How do you know this to be true?

RedLine_Celica
05-12-2003, 12:11 AM
what are they supposed to look like? i have heard stuff about the engines. they're supposed to be V6 n/a motors cuz they dont wanna deal with everything that has to do with the TT, and cuz its being built to be direct competition for the 350z's and RX-8's, and it'll keep the price down.

vtecthis
05-16-2003, 01:02 AM
There is not going to be a new supra any time soon, Toyota doesn't even have plans for it as of right now. I know this b/c I know someone that works at a major Toyota dealership and he called over b/c he wanted to know

Big Bruce V.
05-18-2003, 11:07 AM
Even if there was a new supra in the works the cost to get it over here state side would probobly be pretty bad.

D2daT2daM
06-01-2003, 09:01 AM
post pics

zerotosran
06-01-2003, 10:10 AM
here is the new supra from the Japan megazine..~

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1086296
http://www.toyotacelicaonline.com/celica1/news/supra.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/pd08f1550e4c74a16f862fc45aa8f3110/fc304c57.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p1de7e774ed6206c251f51032d5182e57/fc304d35.jpg
http://www.bluebatmobile.com/gallery/albums/misc_pics/2005_supra_multi_view.jpg

http://pic7.picturetrail.com/VOL198/1087641/2071264/24899414.jpg

2of9
06-02-2003, 07:27 PM
IF Japan ever makes the Supra, I think they should change the Supra's Headlights, i like the old 93-98 supra's headlights better. and i think they should make it v6 TT with VVTL-i. That would be nice.

2strokebloke
06-02-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Silver_GTR34
IF Japan ever makes the Supra, I think they should change the Supra's Headlights, i like the old 93-98 supra's headlights better. and i think they should make it v6 TT with VVTL-i. That would be nice.

NO WAY!!! It has styling cues to the toyota 2000GT and Sports800! (if you do not know what these are - please read up on them), I love the way it looks!

Amish_kid
06-03-2003, 06:14 PM
Yeah I've noticed all the styling going way back to the 2000GT plus if they do make it, it won't be a Supra it will be a 4000GT(Mitsushity Took 3000GT) plus I think they should really tone down some of the styling the headlights atleast I know they would have a much bigger market if they made it another I6 TT but with all the problems that arise with people who do no know how to take car of a turbo, they will most likely make it a N/A V6 or V8 which wouldnt be all that bad all long as they make it a high-revving engine nothing beats a motor that doesn't redline until 10-11k Rpm, also the arse on it would be a lot nicer if they got rid of the boxyness on it.

2strokebloke
06-03-2003, 08:54 PM
Yeah, those tail-lights are sorta ugly...

TaLoN ESi DOHC
06-05-2003, 01:50 PM
wow , i would DEFANTLY roll in that.:cool:

D2daT2daM
06-06-2003, 09:48 AM
it definately looks bad ass from the side but the front end in damn fugly, all new sports cars are begiing to go n/a like the 350z and the rx8 (well future rx7 will be tt :ylsuper but they should make the supra twin turbo like they used to , hell no they will make a high revving v8 , can kiss my ass, u think in japan they would appreciate the gas mileage on a v8 ?

nissan350ztt
06-08-2003, 12:48 AM
I have two different friends that have seen the new supra. It is coming out, debuting the concept this fall. It looks nothing like the drawings was said from one source. The other couldn't tell me anything because he didn't want to get in trouble. One of them said he was told it will do low 11's in the 1/4 mile stock. So that means it is twin turbo'd, which I didn't think would happen because it is supposed to be competing with the Z and RX8. His mom is a chemist for toyota. The other guy is an engineer, his parents have their hand in toyota's business. He attended a party and they got to see it. Both of them said it looks AWESOME. They both had to sign a paper claiming to keep it on the low down and they were paid to keep quiet. I tried to milk out some more info out of one of them but he wouldn't budge, sorry guys. It will most likely be a 6 cylinder. Maybe they'll bring back the 2JZ (doubt it). I can't wait to see what it looks like though. Boy I knew Toyota had something up their sleeve.

D2daT2daM
06-08-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by nissan350ztt
I have two different friends that have seen the new supra. It is coming out, debuting the concept this fall. It looks nothing like the drawings was said from one source. The other couldn't tell me anything because he didn't want to get in trouble. One of them said he was told it will do low 11's in the 1/4 mile stock. So that means it is twin turbo'd, which I didn't think would happen because it is supposed to be competing with the Z and RX8. His mom is a chemist for toyota. The other guy is an engineer, his parents have their hand in toyota's business. He attended a party and they got to see it. Both of them said it looks AWESOME. They both had to sign a paper claiming to keep it on the low down and they were paid to keep quiet. I tried to milk out some more info out of one of them but he wouldn't budge, sorry guys. It will most likely be a 6 cylinder. Maybe they'll bring back the 2JZ (doubt it). I can't wait to see what it looks like though. Boy I knew Toyota had something up their sleeve. low 11's on a toyota? right :lol: you must be out of your mind , how much this toyota would cost 100k?

Amish_kid
06-08-2003, 08:06 PM
I have two different friends that have seen the new supra. It is coming out, debuting the concept this fall. It looks nothing like the drawings was said from one source. The other couldn't tell me anything because he didn't want to get in trouble. One of them said he was told it will do low 11's in the 1/4 mile stock. So that means it is twin turbo'd, which I didn't think would happen because it is supposed to be competing with the Z and RX8. His mom is a chemist for toyota. The other guy is an engineer, his parents have their hand in toyota's business. He attended a party and they got to see it. Both of them said it looks AWESOME. They both had to sign a paper claiming to keep it on the low down and they were paid to keep quiet. I tried to milk out some more info out of one of them but he wouldn't budge, sorry guys. It will most likely be a 6 cylinder. Maybe they'll bring back the 2JZ (doubt it). I can't wait to see what it looks like though. Boy I knew Toyota had something up their sleeve.

Pffft thats nothing man, the Government made me sign an agreement that I can't say nothing about the little green men that stick things in people's bums, or the men in suits will come...damn I've said too much already

Haha btw This is probably more beleivable then that.:lol: :lol: :lol:

nissan350ztt
06-09-2003, 12:18 AM
It is believable, two sources confirmed. You think that Toyota isn't coming out with it? You think Toyota is going to let Nissan and Mazda make all the sales, then when the people (large amount of people have them) that have them see the new Supra, you think they will trade in their BRAND NEW 350Z or RX8? NO. Toyota has had something up their sleeve since the Supra was discontinued, planning for a better, faster, more appealing car to compete with others if and when the time comes. The time has come and Toyota is taking out the big guns. The Supra concept comment about low 11's stock, that's crap and I know that, and I CLEARLY STATED THAT IS WHAT THEY SAID. It is debuting this Fall, just wait, you'll see this Fall, then you'll say- Oh $H!T, that guy was right. I emailed Toyota concerning the possibility of a Supra coming up, they said the same like every other company, thank you for your interest in toyota, blah blah, there are currently no plans for production of a new Supra. They don't know if I am a representative for GM, Nissan, Toyota, or Honda, they can't take that chance, if word gets out to the other companies everyone will jump on making concept cars to compete with them. The Supra Twin Turbo was and still decimates a lot of cars. Toyota has plenty of history in sports cars. And to go this long without one, is incredible. That Japanese version they showed on this thread earlier I think is a lot of what they are leaning towards, if not exactly. The popularity of the Supra is only growing with the help of Fast and the Furious and 2Fast2Furious. Even though almost all tuners know that these movies do not depict the way things really are, the common person would think that because of the way the Supra is portrayed in both movies it is fast.

T\/\/iN-Tu|2Bo
06-10-2003, 01:58 PM
When or "IF" they bring back the Supra or something like it. They should stick with the inline6 engine!!! The 2JZ-GTE was probably one of the most reliable motors to tune and still is! What do you think powers the IS300 and base model GS>> the 2JZ-GE!! From those concept pictures (if thats what the car will look like) an inline6 would definetly fit under the hood. Just like they should keep the RB26DETT for the next GTR Skyline. Unfortunately because of emissions laws these two awsome motors will most likely be retired:disappoin:crying: I would love it if the next Supra would look those concept pics. It really keeps the basic shape of the mk4, but change those headlights:bloated:

nissan350ztt
06-11-2003, 01:13 AM
I agree, those headlights were wrong for the Supra MK4. I believe Nissan will go with the VQ35DETT for the Skyline, seeing as how a lot of big companies are swapping their RB26's for a VQ35DE. They will most likely use a V6 for the new Supra also. The 2JZ is a wonderful engine and one of the best ever made, too bad they can't use it.

T\/\/iN-Tu|2Bo
06-11-2003, 10:19 AM
Yeah the VQ's are very nice engines. You can get some pretty good power levels out of them. But what about Toyota? I don't think their V6's can match the tunability of the VQ:frown: Unless they develope a new engine but that would cost a lot of money. I say just refine the 2JZ a bit to meet emissions laws and keep it! Hey, Mazda kept their Rotary engine for the RX-8!! So I say stick with tradition:bigthumb:

T\/\/iN-Tu|2Bo
06-11-2003, 10:21 AM
P.S I didn't mean the headlights on the mk4 were wrong. Just those ugly looking things on those concept pictures:bloated:

nissan350ztt
06-11-2003, 10:27 AM
Yeah, the headlights on the concept most likely won't end up on it like that. They have a pretty small V6 right now right? Powering their Camry's and Highlander?

T\/\/iN-Tu|2Bo
06-11-2003, 10:34 AM
Yeah. Not a "bad" engine but probably not desirable for tuners:wink:

nissan350ztt
06-11-2003, 10:41 AM
A desired engine would be an RB26DETT or 2JZGTE (GTTE to be exact).:D :tongue: :smile: :iceslolan :bigthumb: :biggrin2:

T\/\/iN-Tu|2Bo
06-11-2003, 10:45 AM
:iagree:

sk8nbroslofski
06-11-2003, 02:52 PM
i am going to have to agree to the fact that a straight 6 is WAY better than a v6. frankly i will say that i dont believe that the supra is coming back but...prove me wrong. anyway, it wouldnt be completely out of the blue that they go from a straight 6 to a v6. i mean, skylines did it. made em a tad slower but they did it. im getting a supra I-6 installed in my celica this summer. twill be nice.

Supra-Dude18
06-11-2003, 11:23 PM
Yeah I can't wait to see what it'll look like, I really wouldn't be dissapointed with it anyway, because I'm stickin' with the MKIV now, so far all the concept models for the MKV have looked pretty damn fugly! but I'm not opposed to a V-8! even though I LOVE I-6's the best! a Turbocharged V-8 I got no prob. bring on the Supra!:ylsuper:

nissan350ztt
06-19-2003, 04:34 AM
The new Supra won't have a V8....because it is competing with the 350Z and RX-8. Even if they used a V8, which they didn't, it wouldn't be turbocharged. It looks nothing like the concept drawings so be prepared, everyone who has seen it agrees it looks amazing.

2of9
06-20-2003, 08:41 AM
they should make the new supra have V12 TWIN TURBO!!!
:cwm27: no...that would cost to much, i like the 2JZ-GTE engine better, but it would b cool if they made like 50 Supras V12 TWIN TURBO!!!:biggrin:

nissan350ztt
06-20-2003, 10:13 AM
They won't use the 2JZ due to emissions. V12 TT??? Dream on, even for Ferrari that is unrealistic.:iceslolan

2of9
06-21-2003, 10:23 AM
V12 Twin Turbo is a dream (But that'll be awesome jus thinkin about it), but wut kinda "emissions" do they use to not use the 2JZ?

nissan350ztt
06-21-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Silver_GTR34
but wut kinda "emissions" do they use to not use the 2JZ?
Do you know emissions are? Go to dictionary.com if you don't (don't take that the wrong way either). It is the amount of smog that the engine/exhaust produces, if you live in Cali you know what emissions are pretty young. The 2JZ won't pass emissions now-a-days. And besides they won't the customer to compare the RX-8 and 350Z to the new Supra because that is who they are competing with. I-6 vs. V6 vs. 2 rotor Rotary (<I think it's 2 rotor). They want to use a V6, they might use the IS300 I-6 engine though (we'll see).

sk8nbroslofski
06-22-2003, 10:44 AM
thats one reason im glad i live in arkansas. they recently lifted all the emission and inspection bullshit. makes it easier to tinker and gain hp.

nissan350ztt
06-22-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by sk8nbroslofski
thats one reason im glad i live in arkansas. they recently lifted all the emission and inspection bullshit. makes it easier to tinker and gain hp.
As long as you live in a small city, you shouldn't have to worry about it, I don't, but I am sure Atlanta probably does.

T\/\/iN-Tu|2Bo
06-23-2003, 09:12 AM
They won't use the 2JZ due to emissions. V12 TT??? Dream on, even for Ferrari that is unrealistic.:iceslolan

Hehe remember the Koenig Ferrari F50 and Lamborghini Diablo VTTT?? Both had twin-turbo v12's with the Ferrari having 830hp and the Lambo with 750hp:bigthumb: But a v12 in a Japanese sports car:spit: The new Supra will either have a v6 or v8. A v6 would be the logical choice but with discussions of a v8 going into the new GTR maybe Toyota will follow suit:dunno: Either way if Toyota will give it about 350-400hp and keep the weight around 3000-3200lbs than I'll be happy:biggrin: Just hope they keep the design philosophy of the mk4!!!

nissan350ztt
06-23-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by T\/\/iN-Tu|2Bo

Hehe remember the Koenig Ferrari F50 and Lamborghini Diablo VTTT?? Both had twin-turbo v12's with the Ferrari having 830hp and the Lambo with 750hp:bigthumb: But a v12 in a Japanese sports car:spit: The new Supra will either have a v6 or v8. A v6 would be the logical choice but with discussions of a v8 going into the new GTR maybe Toyota will follow suit:dunno: Either way if Toyota will give it about 350-400hp and keep the weight around 3000-3200lbs than I'll be happy:biggrin: Just hope they keep the design philosophy of the mk4!!!

It will have a V6. Everyone is forgetting that the new Supra will be competing with the 350Z and RX-8, they will NOT use a V8. They will keep it as simple as possible but just over the competitors value to beat them out. Toyota won't compete with the GTR (if it comes out) because it is on a different level all together. Toyota wants to compete with a mid-level sports car and they have none such in their current lineup. Now if Nissan does come out with the Skyline (and GTR) then Toyota will come out with a high class sports car to compete with it. THEY WON'T GIVE IT 350-400HP, because yet again, they are trying to compete with 240rwhp cars they should keep the weight from 3k - 3200 for competing purposes. They are not going to keep the design philosophy of the MK4 because they want something fresh and new, also they want to go to the futuristic look as does the 350Z and RX-8.

sk8nbroslofski
06-24-2003, 08:59 AM
well, living in the largest city in arknasas i dont necessarily think that would make it a small city. smaller than many, yes. anyway it was a STATEWIDE inspection.

T\/\/iN-Tu|2Bo
06-24-2003, 11:41 AM

It will have a V6. Everyone is forgetting that the new Supra will be competing with the 350Z and RX-8, they will NOT use a V8. They will keep it as simple as possible but just over the competitors value to beat them out. Toyota won't compete with the GTR (if it comes out) because it is on a different level all together. Toyota wants to compete with a mid-level sports car and they have none such in their current lineup. Now if Nissan does come out with the Skyline (and GTR) then Toyota will come out with a high class sports car to compete with it. THEY WON'T GIVE IT 350-400HP, because yet again, they are trying to compete with 240rwhp cars they should keep the weight from 3k - 3200 for competing purposes. They are not going to keep the design philosophy of the MK4 because they want something fresh and new, also they want to go to the futuristic look as does the 350Z and RX-8.

Umm I know they're trying to compete with the 350Z and RX8. But remember these cars are Japanese which means they start out they're lives in Japan and get shipped here, sometimes being de-tuned. Which also means that the GTR is the top car to compete with over there! The Japanese seem to always keep their sports cars on the same level. And since when is the Supra a mid-level sports car:confused: I'd say its a top level but it costs less than a NSX for example. The twin-turbo mk4 has 320hp so why not raise it to 350??? They "should" stick with the design philosophy unless they're making a different car altogether. The 350Z and RX8 both have styling from their predecessors. They do this so people recognize it as a Z or RX!!!

fordmustang23
06-24-2003, 11:15 PM
The new Supra will come out in two versions. The first kinda looks like a lambo, it is the toyota Supra GT V-10. The second is the one that will be a competitor to the 350Z and RX-8. It is the Toyota 395/Supra. It is suppose to have a v6 base and a v8 maybe a v10 but not confirmed yet. See both at http://www.pcauto.com.cn/newcar/abroad/toyota/10208/1206.html
I have a good pick of the new 395 hopefully i attached it right.

fordmustang23
06-24-2003, 11:17 PM
heres a pic of toyota supra gt v-10

Jason Doucette
06-25-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by fordmustang23
heres a pic of toyota supra gt v-10 That is a beautiful car. I would buy it in a second, if it hits the market.

I was thinking it may be a photoshop, since it resembles the new Merc. in a few ways, but I found another picture of it on this site:
http://www.toyotacelicaonline.com/rumors.htm

http://www.toyotacelicaonline.com/celica1/news/5000GT.jpg

ShinRekka
06-26-2003, 11:46 AM
looks like a 350Z a tiburan and a last gen supra fused together

Eon
07-16-2003, 11:50 AM
Many Cars

nissan350ztt
07-16-2003, 12:32 PM
TVVin- Cars are MADE in Japan at the factory, put on a boat, and sent here. They don't start out their lives in Japan first.

fordmustang- That is not the new supra. A V10?!? Are you crazy? A v10 won't be used to compete against a V6 and rotary.:rolleyes: A v8 won't be used either.:rolleyes: Are you guys nuts? No Japanese car company would make a V10 sports car, to compete with a V6 and a rotary. You guys seriously need some help. Also, that is a photshop, the VT10 is a photoshop, that is a Lamborghini Diablo or Murceilago. Everyone is seriously not thinking straight. Have you EVER seen a Jap. sports car with anything higher than a V8? I would like you to name a V8 even? THEY WILL NOT USE ANYTHING HIGHER THAN A V6 OR I6 ENGINE, PERIOD.

rsxer45
07-17-2003, 03:56 AM
I would like you to name a V8 even?

Nissan R390 gt1 and Lexus SC430 are the ones i could think of off the top of my head.

nissan350ztt
07-17-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by rsxer45

Nissan R390 gt1 and Lexus SC430 are the ones i could think of off the top of my head.
Those are two, keep trying. The point I am trying to make is I doubt you will find over 10 V8 Japanese sports cars. And the SC430 is more of a luxury car.

MB38
07-17-2003, 07:41 PM
I can't imagine how they can beat the MKIV design...

oppositesleeper
07-18-2003, 01:09 AM
i hear that the new supra is real also ive heard from some very reliable sources like a friend of mine from japan that there really will be a new supra on its way and there is a highly likly chance of a tt.

LSR
07-18-2003, 06:57 AM
Will it be I6?

oppositesleeper
07-18-2003, 02:15 PM
as far as inline 6 im not positive but ive heard there will be a v6 and a v8 but i cant tell you that forsure

oppositesleeper
07-18-2003, 02:16 PM
my fault not v6 or v8 possibly inline my fault

nissan350ztt
07-18-2003, 02:50 PM
You will not see a V8 in it...PERIOD. If you have heard this, you have been lied to. Now a V6 TT would be very likely. They could use the IS300 I6, and maybe TT it.

The1NamedMarc
07-18-2003, 10:25 PM
You say that Supra is trying to compete with the RX8 and 350z... How do you know that they're not trying to compete with the Vette and Cobra? :eek: Makes you think, doesn't it? :tongue:

nissan350ztt
07-20-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by The1NamedMarc
You say that Supra is trying to compete with the RX8 and 350z... How do you know that they're not trying to compete with the Vette and Cobra? :eek: Makes you think, doesn't it? :tongue:
The 350Z and RX8 are mid-level sports cars. Nissan currently has something to fill the void for low-level sports car, as does Mazda. Toyota has a low-level sports car (celica), but has NO mid-level sports car. Oh sure, we're losing sales to Nissan and Mazda so we can compete with the Vette and Cobra and sell about half as much. What seems wiser to YOU? You would take the 350Z and RX8 on and take the cake, so Nissan and Mazda HAVE TO offer something better to compete. Besides, the Mustang and Corvette are about to get restyled, the new Mustang looks VERY good, it will boost sales sky-high for buyers who never thought about getting a Mustang, or wanted that 60's-style, without the trouble of old car reliability. The new Corvette is more like a facelift, it will attract some more buyers, but i'm sure there is about to be a complete restyle shortly. Heck, if you are going to compete with the Vette and Cobra, go ahead and throw a Porshe Carrera in there. You think the Supra (built by a company not focused on interiors as much as Porshe) would even compete with the Porshe's interior? And the Cobra does compete with the 350Z also, it is about the same price. But the Cobra eats it up.

importist
07-23-2003, 10:46 PM
how do u put an image in here? i got a picture of what i thouhgt was the new supra......and i got it saved on my comp...so how do u put a pic in here?well i hope i did the pic rite....

Letmethinkonthis1
07-28-2003, 11:45 PM
Now, I know we all remember the SUpra from yesterday, with 320 HP and all twin-turboed, and just bad as bad can get. But, I have to speak up, or this thread will suffer a severe crash when the truth about this car comes out.

I work for a Toyota dealership, and we know about new releases of Toyotas before any public. So, let me share what I do know.

1) It is retro designed on the 2000GT car. Not really a surprize there. The name is undecided, it may not be called a "Supra" at all. When I find out, you will know.

2) It will NOT be turbocharged, but rather 2 engines will be offered. A 3.0L inline 6, producing around 240hp and a 3.5L DOHC 24V V6 producing around 285hp. It was decided that a turbo-charged version would not be competative with the Nissan 350Z, which is why the car was brought back in the first place. Sorry, don't shoot me, I am just the messenger. Sometimes, its just hard to bite.

3) It will be released in 2004 as a 2005 model, and only volume dealerships will get them first. They will MSRP around $30,000 so you can reasonably expect a nicely equipped "Supra" to sticker around $35,000 + (about) $5000 market adjustment. Pre-ordering will begin sometime in early summer 2004, and it will be non-negotiable. (In lamen's terms, your going to pay out the wazoo for one).

4) Last, but not least, if you are upset that it won't be offered as a twin-turbo, don't be. It is rumored that TRD is already working ideas for super-charged version of the car, but it probably won't be available until 2006. No clue as to what it will cost, or anything like that.

In the meantime, if you need something to tide you over, the 2004 Solara's will be hitting your local showroom in about 2 weeks, so be sure to check them out. They are HOT!

MB38
07-29-2003, 11:06 AM
Doesn't sound to bad to me if it isn't hideous. 285hp on a NA car isn't half bad. As long as it's easier to turbocharge than the MKIV Supra.

JTS24
07-30-2003, 05:00 AM
What part of 2004, will the Supra actually be out? And when will Toyota release info on it?

Letmethinkonthis1
07-30-2003, 10:41 PM
No details on the exact release date. I would suspect that, as stated earlier, pre-ordering in spring or early summer, with first cars shipped around July, but really, your guess is as good as mine.

JTS24
08-02-2003, 11:15 PM
So do you feel pretty certain that it Toyota will bring it back(or something like it) next year.
Like would what % of chance do you think it will be back next year, with anything over 90% chance being almost certain?

Add your comment to this topic!