Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 s-10 pickup brake light stuck on

Bowfisher1
07-05-2010, 03:31 PM
The brake lights on my truck stay on even after I shut the truck off. THird high mounted light is works fine, I have cleaned up the grounds on both sides at the back of the truck, checked the switch on the brake pedal and tried wiggling the multifunction switch to see if it did anything and notheing. Also just change the brakes and rotors on the front 2 days ago, have done this 4 or 5 times before on previous truck (s-10 blazer) so i pretty sure I didn't do anything wrong.

MT-2500
07-06-2010, 01:34 PM
The brake lights on my truck stay on even after I shut the truck off. THird high mounted light is works fine, I have cleaned up the grounds on both sides at the back of the truck, checked the switch on the brake pedal and tried wiggling the multifunction switch to see if it did anything and notheing. Also just change the brakes and rotors on the front 2 days ago, have done this 4 or 5 times before on previous truck (s-10 blazer) so i pretty sure I didn't do anything wrong.

Find and check main brake light switch for sticking or staying on.
Post back what you find there.

Bowfisher1
07-06-2010, 06:22 PM
After a while of messing with the brake pedal and switch the lights finally went off, pushed a little metal clip back and forth which Im guessing is like the button, didn't get far enough under the dash to see. I am going to replace the switch and see if this takes care of the problem.

MT-2500
07-07-2010, 08:41 AM
After a while of messing with the brake pedal and switch the lights finally went off, pushed a little metal clip back and forth which Im guessing is like the button, didn't get far enough under the dash to see. I am going to replace the switch and see if this takes care of the problem.
Isd that metal clip holding it good?
When you replace switch check adjustment and also for sticking brake pedal amd clip holding good..
Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Add your comment to this topic!