JDM b18 or gsr b18

ndekens
05-08-2003, 11:14 AM
Ok hear is my question. Assuming you were not concerned about emissions, or $$; which engine would you get ...the type R b18 or the gsr b18? I will be putting one of these in my 95 ex civic to build a drag car. Also what is envolved when putting the jdm engine in my car opposed to the gsr engine?

HXCivic97
05-08-2003, 11:50 AM
Ok hear is my question. Assuming you were not concerned about emissions, or $$; which engine would you get
Assuming that by JDM B18, you're talking about the Type R engine? Definately go JDM. 10 more horses never hurt no one =)

I will be putting one of these in my 95 ex civic to build a drag car
Why not go H22 then? Or B20 w/ B18 head? You'll prolly want better torque than the B18 can offer you.

Also what is envolved when putting the jdm engine in my car opposed to the gsr engine?
Nothing that I'm aware of. Same block, both vtec... shit i think the type r engine is just a ported and polished gsr engine, isn't it? someone back me up on that?

B16EJ1
05-08-2003, 11:59 AM
If you're building a drag car than go GSR. The Type R is a finely tuned engine and don't expect to improve on it. By drag I assume you're going to slap a turbo on it. High compression+boost = BOOM and replacing ITR pistons with low compression pistons to boost is just blasphemy. I prefer all motor but I'm sure all the boost lovers would agree w/ me on this one.

PWMAN
05-08-2003, 03:41 PM
By drag car do you mean Turbo or all-motor drag car? I'm assuming turbo so I say go GSR cuz your going to want everything to be replaced in the engine and stuff for the B18C1 is a lot cheaper than the C5. So don't spend the extra dough for a C5 when your going to change the entire engine anyway.

Add your comment to this topic!