Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

windows

cking13
07-03-2010, 03:51 PM
I have a 95 crown victoria.. and my back left window has been broken for awhile now.. it will not roll down or up.. you can still hear the motor though. you can slide it down or up with your hands.

recently though however my drivers side window has been making a noise when i roll it up and down and it is getting slower and slower..

the back right window now too is making a horrible noise when u roll it up and down and i fear that they are both going to break. My cars already a piece of crap i dont need 3 windows to be broken!!!

I assume that they are going off the track, and that the rear left one already has...

Could i easily Fix this problem myself? If so, how? and If not, then how much do you think they would charge to do it at a shop?

way2old
07-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Sounds like you have window regulators that have given out. It is a DIY project, but you have to be careful not to break the window when changing the regulator.

cking13
07-09-2010, 01:32 AM
thanks for the reply.. it must have just been the heat on the rubber around my windows. it just squeaked against it when i would roll them up or down.. their fine now. the back window is still broken though.. like i said u can still hear the motor run. is that the regulator? someone told me it just went off the track

way2old
07-09-2010, 11:04 AM
The regulator is a cable wrapped around a spool. The cables will come off and are nearly impossible to re-wind. That is the sound you hear. You might get lucky and the window has come loose from the regulator. If so, you might be able to replace rivets or glue it back in the track.

Add your comment to this topic!