Torque steer or what?

ndekens
05-07-2003, 11:01 PM
I have a 95 civic ex with the d16z6. Whenever im driving my car pulls to the left. I know its not the alignment, and my its not my tires because its still the same when I have them rotated. So is it torque steer from the d16 that pulls me to the left?

:flamer: :eshooter: :rocket:

B16EJ1
05-07-2003, 11:26 PM
How do you know it's not your alignment? Torque steer from a d16 just sounds rediculous.

ndekens
05-08-2003, 11:17 AM
I know its not the alignment because I had it aligned and they found nothing wrong with it. So I figured it might be torque steer because I was reading others posts that mentioned the D16 motors produce torque steer.

:bandit:

flylwsi
05-08-2003, 01:20 PM
all fwd cars produce torque steer, but only when you're flooring it.

if you're cruising at a regular speed, and it pulls left, it may be the road you're on, or the alignment.
get your tires rotated and balanced...

Deakins
05-08-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by flylwsi
all fwd cars produce torque steer, but only when you're flooring it.

No they don't...

crxlvr
05-08-2003, 04:46 PM
not all cars produce torque steer, you need some massive torque first, and the 80ft/lb hes putting out just aint gonna cut it.

you prolly dont have enough air in your left tire, so it grips more on the road, your alingment is prolly off, or you can be getting traction only on the left wheel, like your right is os loose gravel or something.

Frostbyte
05-09-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by crxlvr
not all cars produce torque steer, you need some massive torque first, and the 80ft/lb hes putting out just aint gonna cut it.

you prolly dont have enough air in your left tire, so it grips more on the road, your alingment is prolly off, or you can be getting traction only on the left wheel, like your right is os loose gravel or something.

Actually that is about the amount of torque my car is putting out. If you take my car to redline and then shift without holding the steering wheel the car will go off the road fast that is torque steer it happens more so when you take out the power steering like I have.

Originally posted by B16EJ1
How do you know it's not your alignment? Torque steer from a d16 just sounds rediculous.

I just laugh my ass off when people talk shit on the D16's when there are some people out there have some kick ass D16's like my buddie Matt. I don't even know if there is anyone on this board that will be able to beat his D16z6 block with the y8 head.

94tegRS
05-09-2003, 07:00 PM
this guys d16 is stock tho, at lest he hasnt said that its not so im assuming. and yes probably anyone with a similarly built B16, B18, B20, H22 can beat it, unless he has it in a gokart

B16EJ1
05-09-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Frostbyte

I just laugh my ass off when people talk shit on the D16's when there are some people out there have some kick ass D16's like my buddie Matt. I don't even know if there is anyone on this board that will be able to beat his D16z6 block with the y8 head.

I respect SOHC workers that go the extra mile like Bisi Ezeroiha and many others but you can't deny that a bone stock Z6 isn't that impressive.

Frostbyte
05-12-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by B16EJ1

I respect SOHC workers that go the extra mile like Bisi Ezeroiha and many others but you can't deny that a bone stock Z6 isn't that impressive.

Your right it's not you can still get a little bit of Torque steer out of the stock z6 but not like my car does now. I just wish I had all my stuff in a CX hatch.

Add your comment to this topic!