Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

modlers block

theoldboy
05-07-2003, 08:33 PM
i havent built a kit in about five months,i have 3 kits in different stages of completion just dont have the desire to finish them,have thought about building a curbside?
what does anybody elese out there do as im sure i cant be the only one whoes experianced this

captain_karma
05-07-2003, 10:10 PM
When I start to get modelers block I switch subjects... I did autos (rather poorly I might add) from `94 to `97 then I switched to painting 15mm tall historic military soldiers from `97 to 2000 with one aircraft thrown in there when I had a minor block. I went back to cars in late 2000 and for the past two and a half years I've been finishing off college, getting maried, and raising a brand new daughter. I am now chomping at the bit to get into the BOSS 302 my brother bought for me last Christmas, but that will have to wait untill about August when I finish moving and can set my stuff back up.

Completely switching genera may seem drastic but it works for me, not to mention I picked up a few new skills. For minor blocks I just put everything away for a couple weeks and read a couple of books.

Hopefully by the end of the year I'll have turned out a couple of `stangs like yours.

TheSyndicate
05-07-2003, 10:20 PM
Put all your supplies in a shoebox, and put the shoebox in a closet. Go enjoy other hobbies. You'll be surprised at the motivation you have when you go back to modeling. I took a break for a few months and when I came back I was putting 70% more effort into my models than before. I also came to realize some very obvious ways such as spray painting in the garage to avoid dust, using a food dehydrator to speed up paint curing time, etc..

BaNe
05-08-2003, 01:08 AM
I have had this problem before! what I did was get a simple get with few parts, perhaps one of the AMt cheap kits, and slap it togther. It may not look as great as others but you get teh small sense of accomplishment which helped me to get motivated to finish current unfinished projects! hope this helps.

integra818
05-08-2003, 01:21 AM
Ahhh, most of us have been through this stage. If you don't feel like doin it, just don't. I know what it feels like to have unfinished kits though... it's like a dog running behind you tryin to bite your ass, you just HAVE to finish them. My advice would be to just finish one and see how much motivation you have after that,

... and you will know the answer to your questions young grasshopper

;)

Nobbys Nuts
05-08-2003, 06:45 AM
Thats something you wrap sandpaper around isn't it when you want to remove a foriegn object - like a chevy.

phase5
05-08-2003, 06:52 AM
Come and paint my warhammer you lazy bum :finger: :finger: justa kiddin. you'll get some incentive this weekened after the swap meet

Verminator
05-08-2003, 06:55 AM
Im with captain karma, when I start to loose interest I switch subjects, usually works for me, give it a try, what have you got to loose? :)

flyonthewall
05-08-2003, 06:57 AM
Play some GT2:D

phase5
05-08-2003, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by flyonthewall
Play some GT2:D

he's got my X-Box and pro race driver thats prob why he's not building to much racing instead

Guido
05-08-2003, 07:23 AM
I work on my website a bit then. And after a couple of weeks, the desire to model will come back. But I'm a slow builder anyways.

primera man
05-08-2003, 07:29 AM
Pack everything away and forget about it.
Go and enjoy other things and when you feel you are ready, take it all back out and carry on again.

theoldboy
05-08-2003, 08:07 AM
thanks for all the addvice
i will take a break
i hope this topic helped out others as well
glad my friend showed me this site as it
seems that omly other modlers dont think
we are crazy

Add your comment to this topic!