PLEASE HELP WITH MY 2005 MISFIRE LS V6 60k MILES p0353 p0354

jpate
07-03-2010, 04:16 AM
Let me start out by telling you guy the story on this car. I bought this car really cheap from a friend that owns a pawn shop. The car is a 2005 Lincoln ls v6 with 61k. I took it to ADVANCED AUTO and they told me its the coils or spark plugs then my friend told me that a place told him is was the ECM that is bad. I read a lot on this problem and it seems to be a big thing with ls models. Can anyone tell me where i need to start or what i need to jump right into? I have done nothing to the car all coils are factory and the spark plugs have never been changed im guessing on the plugs but i know for fact the coils have not. PLEASE HELP!!!!

shorod
07-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Welcome to the forum!

I'm confused. In the information above you say you've not changed the plugs or coils and you think they are original. In the private message you sent me at 3:15 am you mention that all plugs and coils have been changed and the codes remain.

The factory service manual suggests the following as possible causes:

Open or short in Ignition START/RUN circuit
Open coil driver circuit in harness
Coil driver circuit shorted to ground
Damaged coil
Damaged PCM
Coil driver circuit shorted to PWR

I'd start by moving coils around and resetting the codes to see if the codes follow the coils or remain on the cylinders. I'd find it unlikely that the PCM is the source of the problem, but wouldn't be as surprised to find a bad connector at the coil or between the PCM and the coil.

-Rod

jpate
07-03-2010, 10:48 PM
I have changed the coils and spark plugs yesterday. And I still have some problems but check engine light did not come back on.

shorod
07-04-2010, 09:19 AM
What are the "some problems" that you have now? Still what feels like a misfire, or something else?

-Rod

jpate
07-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Its reving to high. It does not fill like a misfire its more like a issue with RPM. But i did not get to test drive it long because i broke a plastic part that connects to the radiator hoses and it shoots out water. I need this part can you tell me the name of this part im going to order it Monday or Tuesday
If not ill just print that page out and take it to the STEALERSHIP

PLEASE CLICK LINK BELOW

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/6684/renderillustrationashx.jpg

shorod
07-04-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm not sure what that part would be called.

-Rod

jpate
07-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Its called a hose assembly it cost 140$ at dealership =(

Add your comment to this topic!