95 eclipse 420a wont start

KUH3NS
07-01-2010, 05:31 AM
ok here is my problem i have a 95 eclipse 420a that wont start it will crank over all day but there is not spark and the fuel pump wont kick on..it ran fine when it was shut off,now it wont start..could it be the ecu or what could it be..i am new 2 the whole dsm thing so i hope some one can help

david-b
07-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Welcome to AF.

So the car ran fine, and it shut off unexpectically while driving and now not starting? Are you positive there is no fuel and / or spark?

Firstly, check the battery to make sure it has proper voltage. I would check all the fuses and relays first. Would also check timing to make sure it didn't skip at some point and causing you to lose compression.

KUH3NS
07-01-2010, 11:19 AM
No The Car Ran And When i Shut it off and went 2 start it again it wouldnt start.i have checked all the fuses and they r fine.and i am positive that it isnt gettin spark or the fuel pump isnt kicking on.the fuel pump will only kick on if i run a 12+ volt from the battery.

SilvrEclipse
07-01-2010, 08:30 PM
I had the same issues once, the main engine fuse was blown under the hood. If thats not your problem then the ECU is not providing power to the pump, injectors, coil pack for some reason. Dont make much sense that it just stopped working one day but I would test cam position sensor. Crank position sensor, go ahead and test the map sensor while your at it.

KUH3NS
07-04-2010, 04:06 PM
hey i put a new ecu in it and it runs fine now

Add your comment to this topic!