Page updated on 12-15-2017

ABS about to get me killed!!!

showshocka
06-30-2010, 11:03 PM
Hey people! When my 95 Caprice classic ABS starts activating my car still keeps going forward and I cannot stop, even if I let off the brakes and apply them again. Just today I was approaching a stop sign leading out to a busy street. It was some bumps in the road right before my stop sign, my ABs kicked in and while dam near standing up on the brakes I went straight through the stop sign. The ABS system was activating and I still could not stop. Luckily for me no cars where coming down the other street. Please give me some help. Is it something up with this braking system Iíve never drove a car where the system works like this. Can I disable the system?

Blue Bowtie
07-02-2010, 01:59 AM
You can disable the system but will get a constant warning light. You also need to be very careful to disable it with the motors parked open and solenoids in a relaxed position. It would be better to diagnose and repair the problem.

If you're really set on disabling it you should completely remove the ABS modulator and bypass the hydraulic lines, then disable the controller.

Either way this really needs to be addressed. Brakes are critical.

showshocka
07-03-2010, 11:15 AM
I got warning lights anyway..lol... but how do i disable the system and will the braking still brake as it regulerly do. where do i start?

Add your comment to this topic!