Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T Bogging down while accelerating

brice0829
06-30-2010, 03:50 PM
My 04 stratus is giving me hell.....when i accelerate upon take off it bogs down and looses all power....letting off the pedal and sort of easing into it allows the car to get up to speed but slowly....I have changed plugs wires and coil packs,,,,,any suggestions?

Amclaussen
05-24-2013, 09:05 AM
My 04 stratus is giving me hell.....when i accelerate upon take off it bogs down and looses all power....letting off the pedal and sort of easing into it allows the car to get up to speed but slowly....I have changed plugs wires and coil packs,,,,,any suggestions?

There can be a number of things: TPS (Throttle position sensor), Bad or weak fuel pressure (Either pump or regulator).
You are not telling us what diagnostic trouble codes appear, learn how to retrieve codes without a scanner (looking them in the odometer), and give us a little more info. Amclaussen.

dalet
05-28-2013, 05:34 PM
possible plugged cat. convertor. create a fairly good size exhaust leak ahead of convertor. possibly loosen head pipe. or remove upstream 02 sensoe and see if it accels better

Add your comment to this topic!