Detailing a full scale Ferrari 458

xerox3
06-29-2010, 08:45 PM
I found this over on Ferrarichat.A very interesting read.
http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/full-detail-and-paint-correction-ferrari-458-italia-by-todd-cooperider-of-esoteric-auto-detail/

BVC500
06-29-2010, 10:47 PM
I saw that. Always like those threads. It does seem that every Ferrari that is delivered needs a thorough detail. The last time I visited Ferrari of Washington, a brand new black 599 had a very noticeable paint flaw in the front bumper, right under the hood emblem.

Ferrari TR
06-29-2010, 11:48 PM
Great reference. makes me want to polish my truck. (not)

hdmodeler
06-30-2010, 03:21 AM
nice!!

alvarol
06-30-2010, 04:53 AM
Amazing detailing job!

But I'd much rather have "my" Italia 458 (dream on!...:headshake) smelling of burnt rubber and speed-applied road-dirt all over it! matching... the big smile of satisfaction on my face!:p

I would find it hard to spend several hundreds of dollars on such a perfect detailed job, and then take the risk of going out on the open road and have it all messed-up...oooh! ''ve got a dead fly on my windshield!:sarcasm1:

Just enjoy these cars!...drive them!:naughty:

Leave the showcase details for the now irreplaçable F40's, GTO's...and our model-kits.:biggrin:

jano11
06-30-2010, 12:16 PM
Nice reference picture.
Totally unacceptable that Ferrari does not check the quality of the paint and polish before shipping cars to customers.

lovegt40
06-30-2010, 12:26 PM
almost all Ferrari are tested in the roads and higways around Maranello. If u travel in the highway in that area u find some around nearly every day.I always note test drivers wears racing gloves not to dirt the steering wheel.

Remember such expensive toys are nearly handmade vehicles.

jano11
06-30-2010, 06:35 PM
almost all Ferrari are tested in the roads and higways around Maranello. If u travel in the highway in that area u find some around nearly every day.I always note test drivers wears racing gloves not to dirt the steering wheel.

Remember such expensive toys are nearly handmade vehicles.

Same for Rolls Royce and however those cars are perfect when delivered.
Don't get me wrong I love Ferraris, with the exception of their QC department! ;)

ZoomZoomMX-5
06-30-2010, 07:06 PM
I saw that. Always like those threads. It does seem that every Ferrari that is delivered needs a thorough detail. The last time I visited Ferrari of Washington, a brand new black 599 had a very noticeable paint flaw in the front bumper, right under the hood emblem.

Every time I visit the Ferrari showroom I'm reminded that Ferraris in general have rather poor paintjobs considering how expensive they are. Paint flaws and lots of orange peel are standard equipment on all of them.

BVC500
06-30-2010, 07:17 PM
Yep! There was another detailing thread about a new California with a lot of flaws. Ferrari isn't good in the QC department.

Seamus McRae
06-30-2010, 07:59 PM
...Which all seems completely contrary to the process that you see on the Megafactories special on Fox, where they show a 599 Fiorano being built. Admittedly, it is very likely to be heavily edited, so that you only get to see the attention-to-detail bits performed by the Ferrari personnel, rather than the continual 'send-backs' to the paint booth, which this photo sequence would indicate should be happening on a more regular basis

BVC500
06-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Here's the California detail:
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=109525

Add your comment to this topic!