Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 ford ranger won't start sometime

Prenell
06-29-2010, 10:27 AM
I have a 95 ford ranger. Just recently it stopped and would not start, it would crank but would not start. It did start right up the next morning when I went back to pick it up. I had the fuel pump, filter and relay replaced. It did it again a week later. I changed 2 spark plugs the next day and it started. I changed the rest of the spark plugs and it still started. Is there anything else I need to check?

KDM_95Ranger
07-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Are you pressing the gas pedal before and/or during your start? I had this problem on my 95 Ranger and found that I was pressing the gas by habit before and during start. Sometimes it would start and sometimes not. After it sat for a while it would start. The Ranger Owners manual says NOT to press the gas pedal before or during the start. Don't know if this is your problem but it worked for me.

diezelman
07-13-2010, 08:56 AM
MAF Sensor? Do you clean that at least a couple times a year? I had that a couple years back. Turns out I just needed t get some MAF sensor cleaner at the parts store and clean it up. You can find threads on it through the forum search. Might not be your issue, but its a cheap way to try!

JP

markdpro
07-24-2010, 09:58 PM
The crankshaft position sensor may be faulty. This vehicle will run with a bad sensor but wont start. If the sensor is in and out it can give these symtoms.

Jerry L. Courtney
08-20-2010, 05:28 PM
I have a 95 ford ranger. Just recently it stopped and would not start, it would crank but would not start. It did start right up the next morning when I went back to pick it up. I had the fuel pump, filter and relay replaced. It did it again a week later. I changed 2 spark plugs the next day and it started. I changed the rest of the spark plugs and it still started. Is there anything else I need to check?
When you turn on the ign. switch listen for fuel pump to momenaryly run.(about 5 seconds).When cranking ,check for spark to plugs.If you can not hear the pump run and you have spark you may have a bad fuel pump relay.

carpenter_jai
08-21-2010, 12:26 AM
Could be the starter solenoid. Does it sound like the starter is spinning like a sewing machine when it doesn't start?

Jai

Add your comment to this topic!