Page updated on 12-17-2017

lift kits??????@#$%

2dooreighty5
06-27-2010, 11:32 PM
ok so ive been wanting to put big wheels and tires on my chevy caprice for like 3 years now...and i know some people on here wont like that idea...but help me out anyway...everybody has their own style. Anyway...what i'm wondering is what should i do if i plan on putting 22 inch or 24 inch wheels on...some have said that all i need is spring nuckles...or new shocks or leaf springs or various other things and some have said that ill need to change my gear ratio...and other things ....anyway does anyone know anything about this subject....if so post that would be must appreciated... thanks

silicon212
06-28-2010, 02:32 AM
If you keep the overall diameter of the tire the same (aspect ratio, for example with 20s run ~35 series tires), you need do nothing at all.

2dooreighty5
06-28-2010, 02:45 AM
yea i want to go bigger than that...i just cant find anyone who knows about lifting these cars...

Blt2Lst
06-28-2010, 03:50 PM
.and i know some people on here wont like that idea...

I am one of those people but to each his own..

Maybe an air ride suspension might do the trick to get the ride height/stance you desire..:2cents:

Good luck with your project..:smokin:

j cAT
06-28-2010, 04:41 PM
this forum has many that have made tire wheel changes ..see what you can get at http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=23

Blt2Lst
06-28-2010, 05:31 PM
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=23

Lots of great info there, thanks..

scuddigi_687@yahoo
07-14-2010, 12:02 AM
Hey wat it is, I gotta 93 chevy caprice with 22in rim tire size is 265/35/r22's in the front is hd springs n shocks from a 93 2wd C series truck from autozone, rear suspension is hd springs from the wagon model,(roadmaster) rear gabriel air shocks, and spring lift's (hockey puks what they call'em from a store in PA called pro-trucks I'm pretty sure there is a truck performance store where you live, total cost a lil over $300 bucks does not sit too high and I got full turn radius with 2 fifteen inch subs in the back the ride is a little harsh inthe rear because of the air shocks I don't know how but I'll post pics of how she sits in a few mins! One thing to have minor concern is the rear wheels are not even with the wheel well there is a kit to fix that, the spot that did my wheels made two small cuts that clears the rims and you don't see it! I also got everything from autozone except the rear spring boost, (hockey pucks!)Oh with this set-up you can fit up to 26's with a 255/25 series tire easy but watch for potholes and the ride comfort will suck! Anything else you will need a lift kit $1000's and up! TWO side pics, one ride by just to give you a general Idea what size were you lookin to do?

Add your comment to this topic!