Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

04 Durango 5.7 p0300 multi misfire

fireplow
06-27-2010, 06:28 PM
I have a p0300 code coming up on the comp. The motor runs fine untill it gets wet. rain/carwash I have tried to spray each coil with water and could not get it to misfire. Then I brought out the water hose and sprayed it top of the motor this found the misfire. This thing has 8 coils and I realy don't want to replace them all. My Queastion is there some tihing else that could be causing the misfires. :runaround:

N8ECH
07-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Fireplow:

How many miles on your D?? Sounds like you might be in the market fro a new set of plug wires.

My 04 only has 57k on it, and runs fine in wet weather. If you think about it, those wires live in a pretty harsh environment.

Be VERY CAREFUL spraying water on your engine. Too much in the wrong place especially if its hot can quickly equate to a large repair bill.

Don

fireplow
07-10-2010, 07:35 AM
Thanks Don,

I come to the same conclusion. I've got to get the wires yet and do the work but I think it will solve the problem. You are right to much water on the engine can hurt and to let you know iI was only simulating rain or car washes. Thanks for your in put.

Leonard

Add your comment to this topic!