Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

no spark

joe'sB18
06-24-2010, 01:11 PM
traded my 325is for a civic coupe wit a b18 with some goodies drove it home it was fine got gas put 93oc in it and half a quart of 5-30 was drivin it and it started sounding like a tractor and smoking bad blue smoke so got it home started it later it was fine drove it for a lil then started smokin again got it home turned it if started it a couple times hooked up my msd box think i blew it cuz i had the battery hooked in so unhooked msd put it bact to normal still had no spark itsgettin fuel tho got a new distributor still no spark could it b something with the ecu cuz i unpluged the battery someone help.thank you

shorod
07-21-2010, 06:33 AM
Based on the spark issues you were experiencing, I'd suspect the "blue" exhaust was really more of a gray-black due to a misfire and unburned fuel in the exhaust stream. Did the exhaust smell like asphalt or like raw gasoline? I doubt the ECU is the source of the no spark, it's probably more like a bad camshaft position sensor (CPS) or possibly a crankshaft position sensor (CKP). When you installed the new distributor assembly did you need to transfer over the CPS/pickup or was that also new?

-Rod

Add your comment to this topic!