Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

MJT
06-24-2010, 11:03 AM
After many years of being a "GM" guy and GM not evidently caring about my 20+ years of loyalty to them, have purchased a Honda CRV. What am I in for? I have not had the chance to search the forum too much as most of it is regarding older CRV's.

Anyone have any comments - good or bad - about the new CRV's?

Thanks!

JohnDD
06-25-2010, 11:37 AM
After many years of being a "GM" guy and GM not evidently caring about my 20+ years of loyalty to them, have purchased a Honda CRV. What am I in for? I have not had the chance to search the forum too much as most of it is regarding older CRV's.

Anyone have any comments - good or bad - about the new CRV's?

Thanks!
I'm in the same boat as you.

Scrapping my 95 Olds Cutlass Supreme due to rust out problems and bought a 2007 CR-V. The reports seem good and I've had a used 98 Honda Civic for 4 years with great results. Hoping the CR-V is as good.

Just got back from a long road trip without a problem except the Low Tire light came on. Took it to the dealer and he couldn't find a leak. Said I might have to get the rim resealed. Pressure goes low every two weeks or so.

Next issue was that the driver side door latch developed a problem (short) and the doors kept relocking! Dealer replaced the latch under warranty.

turtlecrxsi
08-13-2010, 10:05 AM
My wife and I just purchased a 2010 CR-V EX. We love it! I used to own a CRX Si so I educated myself thoroughly on Hondas and the technology. The Mrs. never thought she would love a Honda so much. :-D

The 2010 model has 5-spoke rims (on EX and EX-L models) and that is a noticeable difference right off the bat between the 2007-2009 models. The 2010 engine has 14 more hp due to increased compression (2007-09=9.7:1;2010=10.5:1). The K24 engine is a milestone no matter what the year.

So far the CR-V has been a dream. Great gas mileage and features. We were originally looking at 4wd models but realized that 4wd does not kick in unless needed. So basically you are dragging around a lot extra weight most of the time. It is great technology but we decided that 2wd with an active LSD (called VSC?) is perfect for our needs.

GL!

Add your comment to this topic!