Isuzu gauge problem

NEBritt
06-23-2010, 11:25 AM
I am trying to determine if my 1996 Isuzu Rodeo is overheating (or running to hot). I want to test the dash gauge sensitivity. I can not find the location of temp. gauge sending unit. Engine 3.2L

95.5 Rodeo
06-25-2010, 02:29 PM
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/500/1486313_2backhighect.jpg

There are 2 temperature sensors circled in this photo. One of the sensors is for the ECM (computer) and the other is for the dash gauge. The one you are after is the sensor with a yellow / black wire going to it. It should read 160 ohms at 140F.

BTW, my Rodeo was overheating a few years ago and it turned out to be a faulty thermostat. I recommend going to your Isuzu dealer and buying the OEM thermostat and gasket.

Good Luck,
Dale

NEBritt
06-25-2010, 04:33 PM
I have replaced the thermostat and gasket...upon consultation with my mechanic, but to no avail the temperature climbs as I exceed 55 mph. My mechanic is thinking radiator. He has made several repairs at majorly reduced cost or no cost, I serve as a mission here locally and have lost my monthly support so, I appreciate the info.

Add your comment to this topic!