Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 rag top leak

bobbie3504
06-22-2010, 01:29 PM
I JUST bought my Spyder this past weekend. she had to sit outside till i got the garage ready and it POURED last night. Needless to say, she leaked around the passengers side window... it looks like it was front & back. I haven't had a chance to really look at it closely yet, any suggestions where to start? I saw it was common in older models... is it in the '01 as well? are there any other 'bugs' i need to look out for, now that i already own her?
i love her so far!

Mitsubishiowner
07-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Well first... how bad is it leaking?

Second for example.. I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Gt and the only time water ever seeps in is through the windows on the passenger side and driver side. This only happens when their is a high pressure of water hitting my windows such as going through the drive through.

bobbie3504
07-19-2010, 10:55 PM
after riding in a rainstorm, i was able to see where the leak is. it IS only when there is HEAVY rain or probably a car wash... it is where the mirror is attached to the door. I read somewhere that this is a common problem and that there is a FIX.... any suggestions?? Thank you !!

RahX
07-19-2010, 11:44 PM
You should be able to get the mirror gussets from mitsu.

Add your comment to this topic!