Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What about Fujimi???

Bookshelf
05-06-2003, 10:08 PM
What do you guys think about Fujimi? Give me some thoughts and opinions you have about the quality of Fujimi kits, especially the "tuned up" models, like Blits Altezza, Mine's Skyline and such.

stubacca
05-06-2003, 10:19 PM
Hmmm.... can't really answer your poll. I don't think they're the best out there, but I don't try not to buy them either. I buy Fukimi kits (or those of any manufacturer for that matter) when they have the car I want to build and the price is right. They might not fit together perfectly straight away, but a bit of puttying and smoothing (and the odd bit of fabrication) here and there just adds to the challenge and satisfaction for me!

Some of the kits can be quite good, other's really bad - the same can be said for most kit makers, though Tamiya does seem to stand out.:p

Veyron
05-06-2003, 10:21 PM
I would say they sort of suck because of the pic on the box doesn't always give you an idea of what's in the box and the wheels are usually too small unless it indicates they are 18". New buyers of their kits will say they suck and be disappointed, but after a while they will learn not to expect too much and deal with it. You learn that building a Fujimi kit box stock these days is going to leave a lot to be desired most of the time. Some of their Veilside kits build up really nice out of the box. :)

Bookshelf
05-06-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Veyron
..... always give you an idea of what's in the box and the wheels are usually too small unless it indicates they are 18".....box. :)

Yeah, that's what I am talking about. Sometimes when you put a kit together the models looks kind of unproportional, the wheels are either too big or too small. Or the wheels would stick out too much or something.

But as a whole, do U like Fujimi?

I am not dissing Fujimi, I just wanna know what other modellers think. I just do not wanna be disappointed when buying another model

Jay!
05-06-2003, 10:45 PM
When Fujimi makes a model of a car I love, *cough*NSX-R II*cough* ...and no one else does... I love them. :D

2f4u
05-07-2003, 12:59 AM
mainly i buy tamiya kit's. fujimi i have only 3 (Altezza Kansai HKS, Mitsubishi EVO VII BOZZ and Honda Civic Type-r). It have's good qualiti of materials but not like tamiya.

integra818
05-07-2003, 01:31 AM
There's a reason why I have the Tamiya avatar, because they're the best. I've buit one fujimi kit and hated it, the only reason I got through building it was because it's one one my favorite cars.. Skyline R32. Shortly after the fujmi tragedy, I baught a Tamiya Skyline and I can't wait to build it!

Tamiya=:)

Fujimi=:(

bigfrit
05-07-2003, 01:49 AM
Wether you choose for quick and nice oob build-up (tamiya), making models everyone has seen before,
Or yiou choose to go the other way, investing time and efforts making a fujimi kit really stand out . (which IMO gives you a lot more satisfation.

Depends on your level IMO; the higher it is , the more you will make look Fujimi kits look like tamiya's and better even.

Olivier:cool:

CYPH3R
05-07-2003, 02:57 AM
Some of their Veilside kits build up really nice out of the box. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

i would say that their veilside kits r nice
but too me i like aoshima's veilside...;)

exhaust smoke
05-07-2003, 03:37 AM
Fujimi are not the best on the market PERIOD.

They do however make cars that no other manufacturer produces, that's why I buy them.

I have to say that their bodyshells are usually pretty spot-on. What I do not like is that you do not always get what the box advertises. For example, my latest Fujimi purchase was of the new ADVAN Altezza. They advertise that it comes with a new wing, correct wheels, etc, etc. When it arrived, I found that the wing was taken from the sports version and was not the GT style wing as per the box. The wheels were completly inaccurate and even the livery was wrong. The wheels they give you in their kits are more often than not too small, i.e. 15".

I think you will be pretty safe with the Blitz Innovation Altezza, as the road version is good, and I assume they will be providing the Blitz Techno Speed 1 wheels with the kit.

Final opinion/advice take Fujimi kits with a pinch of salt.

Davoaldo
05-07-2003, 05:38 AM
Just wonder cause i've never brought a Fujimi kit before.
What are all these series cause they have liek Fujimi Carbon aero and Fujimi inchup or Fujimi auto gallery.
Are they just some fancy name for it or there are some difference in the kits?

ales
05-07-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by stubacca
Hmmm.... can't really answer your poll. I don't think they're the best out there, but I don't try not to buy them either. I buy Fukimi kits (or those of any manufacturer for that matter) when they have the car I want to build and the price is right. They might not fit together perfectly straight away, but a bit of puttying and smoothing (and the odd bit of fabrication) here and there just adds to the challenge and satisfaction for me!

Some of the kits can be quite good, other's really bad - the same can be said for most kit makers, though Tamiya does seem to stand out.:p

My thoughts exactly!

zerrocool
05-07-2003, 06:37 AM
well i kinda like fujimi because they bring many kits (ok many reboxed) but now with the new prices i don't know....
other thing i hate, why don.t all the kit makers make the same wheel fittings....
:p :rolleyes:

lumpulus
05-07-2003, 07:20 AM
If you can find the older "Enthusiast" models, you won't be disappointed.

freakray
05-07-2003, 07:43 AM
If there is a subject that only Fujimi makes a model of, then I will buy their kits, but I don't know if that makes any difference because I apply the same rule with Revell and Hasegawa, as a rule though, I will buy Tamiya first, Hasegawa or Fujimi second, then wonder about the rest.

tonioseven
05-07-2003, 08:18 AM
I'll usually try to ask someone about the kit first but If I want a particular car, I'll buy it regardless of the manufacturer. I like the wide range of cars Fujimi offers.:)

Rtuned
05-07-2003, 11:00 AM
Tamiya = Perfect most of the time.
Fujimi = not perfect. You are the one who make it perfect.

I like Fujimi because I usually used it for modify body kit and they got many tuner cars out there. Fujimi Altezza is the best of all. :D

gtr206
05-07-2003, 11:04 AM
I totaly agree with Rtuned.

cph81
05-07-2003, 11:57 AM
Fujimi is alright,but they really do need a little more time to do some research on the car that they make. Like the real correct size of rims, tires, ride height and body dimension. Mmmmm.... looks like fujimi is not alright.

hirofkd
05-07-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by cph81
Fujimi is alright,but they really do need a little more time to do some research on the car that they make. Like the real correct size of rims, tires, ride height and body dimension. Mmmmm.... looks like fujimi is not alright.
Well, usually they do, and so do all manufacturers for that matter.
But if a model is an exact scale down of a real car, it would look like a crap, because human eyes don't register 4300 mm long real car and 180 mm model the same way.

That's why the manufacturers employ so called artistic interpretation, and Tamiya is a better most of the time. But comparing Tamiya and Fujimi FD3S body, you'd notice that Tamiya exaggerated it a bit too much.
Fujimi and Aoshima needs to learn a lot about the fit of the added parts to the existing kit, but overall, their average kits are not as bad as average Revell/Monogram or AMT.

I've already passed the point, where quality of a kit means a little to me, and I just buy the subjects I like.
I give two thumbs up to Fujimi for the new NSX, NSX-R and RX-8.

Camber
05-07-2003, 03:17 PM
I just got the fujimi Twin Cam Integra Type R. It is sooo sweet. It has full roll cage, fire extinguisher, nice front lip, BRIDE racing seat, Seat belt kit, with photo-etched buckles. Racing suspension, along with all the stock interior parts. If your going to get an ITR, this is the one to get. Even to do it stock like i am going to be. Some fujimi kits just plain suck. I also got the fujimi S15, another nice model, but on the other hand, I built a fujimi FC3S, and it was horrible. There wasnt any wheel arches, interior suckes, nuthing fit good, there was no chassis and suspension detail at all, and the body was very-unrealistic. It was very long and narrow. But Im sure if I did it now, itd probly turn out better then i did it. Since it was my first model and all.

//- Camber -\\

Bookshelf
05-07-2003, 05:56 PM
What Fujimi kits would you guys recommed to buy?

Camber
05-07-2003, 06:39 PM
Most of the Fujimi kits are alright, The DC5s and FCs are 2 I know of that arent good. Id personally ask which are bad not which are good. Fujimi just makes too many kits..

Bookshelf
05-07-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Camber
Most of the Fujimi kits are alright, The DC5s and FCs are 2 I know of that arent good. Id personally ask which are bad not which are good. Fujimi just makes too many kits..

OK, which Fujimi kits should I stay away from?

Jay!
05-07-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Bookshelf
OK, which Fujimi kits should I stay away from? Like always, it's really an issue of: what car do you want to build a kit for?

If Fujimi's the only one that makes Car X, then you really don't have a choice...

Bookshelf
05-07-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by jay@af
Like always, it's really an issue of: what car do you want to build a kit for?

If Fujimi's the only one that makes Car X, then you really don't have a choice...

Personally, I would rather build something that would look good at the end and not some model that I wanted which would not look good when it's done.

Jay!
05-07-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Bookshelf
Personally, I would rather build something that would look good at the end and not some model that I wanted which would not look good when it's done. In that case, you should start with Tamiya. ;)

integra818
05-07-2003, 08:50 PM
Some of you have made a good point which is... it does'nt matter if fujimi had bad quality, YOU'RE the one who makes it perfect, you're the modeler. That's very true but (refering to fujimi)how can you fix a cars' body when it's really out of proportion???
Tamiya gives you a perfect sized body to start out with which is why we like it so much. I say fujimi sucks because the bodies look like total crap and are shaped inacuratly (spelling?). Parts fitment should'nt be a problem with any kit maker, and good modeler can easily make it fit well.
There's crappy things fujimi makes that are unrepairable, like the rims... can you make the crappy ones look just like teh real ones? I doubt it. All the Tamiya wheels I've seen look perfect.

Tamiya= 2
Fujimi=1

:D

Bookshelf
05-08-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by integra818
Some of you have made a good point which is... it does'nt matter if fujimi had bad quality, YOU'RE the one who makes it perfect, you're the modeler. That's very true but (refering to fujimi)how can you fix a cars' body when it's really out of proportion???
Tamiya gives you a perfect sized body to start out with which is why we like it so much. I say fujimi sucks because the bodies look like total crap and are shaped inacuratly (spelling?). Parts fitment should'nt be a problem with any kit maker, and good modeler can easily make it fit well.
There's crappy things fujimi makes that are unrepairable, like the rims... can you make the crappy ones look just like teh real ones? I doubt it. All the Tamiya wheels I've seen look perfect.

Tamiya= 2
Fujimi=1

:D

Yeah, you are right. The finish product mostly depends on the modeller himself. But it suck and upsetting at the same time when there is nothing you can actually do to make the kit look good.

primera man
05-08-2003, 05:54 PM
I believe a kit is only as good as the time and effort you put into it.
It's true Fujimi does not have the detail in some of there kits as a tamiya one and sometimes the detail that is in them is not that great, but with a little effort you can turn any kit into a masterpiece.
What does piss me off with Fujimi kits is that you almost can guarantee that you will need better rims as the box art does not look like the finished model.
An example of this was with the BOZZSPEED EVO 7 i done....totally different rims to what is on the box :mad:
Also there cars do seem to sit fairly high and some need a little lowering job at times.

B16EF
05-08-2003, 06:02 PM
I'd say in between "...usually try not to buy it, but it's OK. " and "...fujimi is the best out there ! ! ! ! " I won't not buy a kit cuz its Fujimi, but I also know they're not the best.:)

Cychalen
05-17-2003, 10:09 AM
If the car (RX-8) looks like this announcement (http://www6.shizuokanet.ne.jp/fujimi/html/hs/rx8.jpg) then I will definitely buy it. ;)

Purpura Delujo
05-18-2003, 01:02 AM
What about Fujimi? They suck.

Add your comment to this topic!