Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Supra Kits

KOFFEE-BLACK
05-06-2003, 07:14 AM
Hey, I dont want to start a Spam thread on my first day, but Is it possible to see any Supra kits? Weather its JZA70/80 Whatever.

The only kits I seen are the SARD, Castrol and Standard Supra kits. Is that it? They are hard to find in OZ, I got lucky buying one today.

Seeing its going to be my first "serious" kits, I dont want to stuff it up Like my SARD supra.

Thanks Guys!!

Mods, sorry if this is spam, delete if you think its unappropriate.

freakray
05-06-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by KOFFEE-BLACK
Hey, I dont want to start a Spam thread on my first day, but Is it possible to see any Supra kits? Weather its JZA70/80 Whatever.

The only kits I seen are the SARD, Castrol and Standard Supra kits. Is that it? They are hard to find in OZ, I got lucky buying one today.

Seeing its going to be my first "serious" kits, I dont want to stuff it up Like my SARD supra.

Thanks Guys!!

Mods, sorry if this is spam, delete if you think its unappropriate.

Spam is advertising, this is not advertising, so this is not spam......;)
Spam is also food.....uuuggghhhh:spam:

As to your actual question, I don't know the answer, you could look on www.hlj.com to see what they may have, but I am certain there are a load of people here that can answer.

Welcome to AF:wave:

KOFFEE-BLACK
05-06-2003, 07:23 AM
Thanks freakray.

I meant peoples finished kits also. :)

ales
05-06-2003, 07:38 AM
Don't you see one on the first page here? :confused: There's one completed actually and two in progress. All currently on the first two pages of the forum.

KOFFEE-BLACK
05-06-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by ales
Don't you see one on the first page here? :confused: There's one completed actually and two in progress. All currently on the first two pages of the forum.

Ohh yeah, I seen them, PMAN's is unreal! But Just wanted to check out more. Or any TOYOTAS for that matter, Im a toyota freak!

BOOSTD
05-06-2003, 08:05 AM
Is it just me or does there seem to be a lack of good Supra kits around. I love Supra's but the only good kit available is the Tamiya kit. I would love for Fujimi to bring out a race style version. I suppose I could always put some good wheels and a race wing on the tamiya kit.

KOFFEE-BLACK
05-06-2003, 08:21 AM
BOOSTD, The 180sx in your avatar is currently for sale in Japan!

Its true about the kits, Id like to see a Top Secret Supra.

ales
05-06-2003, 08:21 AM
I think it's just you. Tamiya model is very well detailed, besides, there are also several race versions available from Tamiya that have a slightly different body and could be used instead of the stock one in case you want a sportier look.

AMT is coming out with the F&F Supra, but I don't think you want that.

Chris also has a couple of transkits for the Supra in the works.

And this is just for MK 4! Fujimi have several versions of previous generations as well, and some of them look interesting.

Bottom line, I don't think there's any reason to complin about the lack of options for the Supra.

BOOSTD
05-06-2003, 08:24 AM
KOFFEE-BLACK I know it is. Its available for import through my mates business. Awesome Drifter and very cheap too. You obviously like your imports too, good stuff.

UKSupraboy
05-06-2003, 08:28 AM
There are also the Studio27 Supras, if you dont mind the price!!

Not sure, but maybe the Studio27 license is the reason Tamiya are unable to update their race cars?

Am thinking of getting hold of the ST27 soon, together with a couple of Sards and attempt to convert the Tamiya bodies to make them more recent using the ST27 as a reference. Hope to then use some aftermarket decals for later seasons, Massimo, AU etc.

KOFFEE-BLACK
05-06-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by BOOSTD
KOFFEE-BLACK I know it is. Its available for import through my mates business. Awesome Drifter and very cheap too. You obviously like your imports too, good stuff.

Are you in Australia? Prestige Motor Sports was offering this car. Yeah, Im 22 and I have owned 4 cars, and 2 of them were Import cars. First SV21 Camry (first car) RA23 Celica (1975, with 1JZGTE in it) 13 Second EP82 GT Starlet and Now a JZA80 Supra :D

UKSupra boy, Man, I dont feel comfortable cutting stuff up, like how you guys "lower" the car, you have to cut something? I am still learning :)

Rtuned
05-06-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by UKSupraboy
There are also the Studio27 Supras, if you dont mind the price!!

Not sure, but maybe the Studio27 license is the reason Tamiya are unable to update their race cars?

Am thinking of getting hold of the ST27 soon, together with a couple of Sards and attempt to convert the Tamiya bodies to make them more recent using the ST27 as a reference. Hope to then use some aftermarket decals for later seasons, Massimo, AU etc.
Save your money on FK Massimo decal. Because FK Massimo had no longer running with a Supra. They now run with Porsche. As for the new body running in the JGTC 2003 are new body, mostly different from the old 2002 version. If you really want to invest in those decal to modify on your supra, get Denso, Ultraflo, Cerumo or Castrol.:D

hirofkd
05-06-2003, 04:18 PM
Just the A80, or Supra in general?

All Supra models were produced, even the Celica XX from 1979(?). Fujimi has the best A60 and A70 Supra with a complete 5M and 7M engine detail, called Hi-Mecha series.

Jay!
05-06-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by hirofkd
Fujimi has the best A60 and A70 Supra with a complete 5M and 7M engine detail, called Hi-Mecha series. And both are pretty rare?

KOFFEE-BLACK
05-06-2003, 05:35 PM
No, just not A80, Id love to see JZA70 and MA70 (JZA is 1jxgte, MA70 is 7MGTE)

Add your comment to this topic!