Adding New ATF fluid - Leaky Servo Cup

Nathan08T
06-16-2010, 04:56 PM
I finally figured out what was causing the leak on my beautiful 2000 Isuzu Rodeo (2WD :crying:). Turns out the Tranny Servo Cup, or as the mechanics say, "Hockey Puck", is leaking fluid. I've read that it's nothing critical and if I check fluid regularly I should be fine.

It's been dripping small amounts off and on for about 8 months now, I'm about to make a semi long trip, 85 miles, and I want to make sure the Tranny is full of fluid.

So here's my question, should I buy a temp gauge to measure the temp of the fluid, or should I just let it idle until it's at operating temp before I add the fluid. And what fluid would you recommend, I don't remember what kind they put in. I believe the manual says Dexron III

Any tips/pointers?

160K and it's still runnin' strong =)

2000izusu
06-21-2010, 02:47 PM
i would get it fixed. the accumulator cover is held in by alot of spring pressure, and i believe their is a special tool? but if you can find a izusu dealer it does not cost that much to fix! plus they have fixed hundreds of them and know exactly how to go about it! mike

Nathan08T
06-22-2010, 09:58 PM
i would get it fixed. the accumulator cover is held in by alot of spring pressure, and i believe their is a special tool? but if you can find a izusu dealer it does not cost that much to fix! plus they have fixed hundreds of them and know exactly how to go about it! mike

It's on my list of things to do, but there's only one "official" Isuzu Maintenance shop nearby. I'm staying clear of them, though, they wanted to charge me $76 to install a new PCV on my 3.2. Funny thing is that I had just replaced it 2 months prior to bringing it in. Funny how they always find something wrong with our vehicles =)

Add your comment to this topic!