Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

92 SL2 or 94 Cavalier?

Lodogg2221
06-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Hi guys.
Im trying to decide between a 92 SL2, mileage unknown (odometer stopped working around 60k), 5-speed, and a 94 Cavalier, with 86K, auto trans.

Similar options, power windows, ac etc...except the Cavalier is a 2 door.

Both are the same price.

The Cavalier though will need a new fuel pump, and tank/lines flushed. Its been sitting for a long time.

I like the look of the Saturn better, and we used to own a 91 SL1 that we liked quite a bit. Only downside is that my wife cant drive a stick, though she likes the idea of having a Saturn again, even though it will just be my commuter/runabout car.

Ideas? Thoughts?
Anything I should look for on the Saturn in particular?

Cat Fuzz
06-15-2010, 08:56 PM
Teach her how to drive a stick. Unless, when you say she can't drive a stick, she has some physical limitation that prevents her from doing so. If not, she CAN drive a stick, she just needs to learn.

I've never been a fan of Cavaliers. Saturns always seem much better built to me. The Cavalier automatic is prone to give you problems in the future as well. Saturn autos aren't much better, though.

Lodogg2221
06-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Well, it wont be either car...
The Cavalier was a bit too rusty for me, and sitting so long, there is a good chance a lot of the seals are dried out and just waiting to go bad, one at a time over the course of the rest of its life...

The Saturn would have made a good mosquito fogger...ran rough too and seemed low on power.
Had other issues, but overall, wasnt in decent shape.

Going tomorrow morning to look at a VERY promising Saturn and hopefully, if everything is as its been described, Ill buy it.

Add your comment to this topic!