isuzu rodeo clutch slave cylinder

armatac
06-15-2010, 03:49 PM
Hello knowledge people,

I have this 1999 rodeo that I think is blown up, I have just let it sit for about the last year. I was thinking of something to do with it, either get another motor, shoot it, or just tool around the house with it and maybe drive it in the lake one day.

Anyhow it has been sitting for awhile, the clutch reservoir for fluid was bone dry, I got under the car, loosened the banjo bolt and have been trying to bleed it but it didin't seem like it was building up pressure. Before this car blew I had someone put this motor in this chassis with a new clutch, pressure plate. Do you think the clutch hydraulic thingy just went bad over time?

Either way, when i get home today i am going to video the motor knock to make sure it is terminal and post it on here,

What is the best course of action with these motors, you think I could get one with low miles, following the wierd maintenance suggested here for them, or a long block motor from the internet somewhere.

Or we could pack it full of tannerite and blow it sky high. :evillol:

I just hate giving up on anything.

Any advice is appreciated.

Cat Fuzz
06-15-2010, 09:45 PM
The clutch slave or master cylinder could be rusted if some moisture got in there while it was sitting.

Your engine knock could just be the timing belt tensioner if it's a V-6 engine.

armatac
06-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Here is the dreaded knock, what do you guys think,

http://www.armatac.com/VIDEO/VID00110.MP4

Add your comment to this topic!