Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ford Excursion VS Chevrolet Suburban

Roadster2
05-05-2003, 05:45 PM
so here it is the 2 biggest utes out there i still think the Excursion is better all though more truck like it gives you what you want so what do you think

Paonessa
05-06-2003, 04:01 PM
you should compare the excursion to the gmc yukon denali.

YogsVR4
05-06-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Paonessa
you should compare the excursion to the gmc yukon denali.

Yup - those are the beasts. One of the guys I work with just bought a Denali. What a great ride. Feature rich and quite the beast. :)

Paonessa
05-06-2003, 04:10 PM
yeah and they look great with a nice set of chrome rims.

del
05-06-2003, 04:10 PM
having ridden both with some extent, i'll have to say the excursion is roomier, seems to be more solid and brute. it's the work truck between the two where as the suburban is the family hauler more civilized. so if you're going to tow bigass trailers or haul your tools, equipment and other shit, the excursion is better. but for everyday use and road trips with the family, definately the suburban. if i were to buy one of these beasts, i'd have to go with the suburban.

Jimster
05-06-2003, 11:49 PM
Both- with two sticks of dynamite :flipa:

or a BMW X5 ;)

Paonessa
05-07-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Jimster
Both- with two sticks of dynamite :flipa:

or a BMW X5 ;)
that's not a fair comparison. the x5 is an SUV in name only. why don't we throw in the twin turbo v8 porsche cayenne while we're at it

Jimster
05-08-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Paonessa

that's not a fair comparison. the x5 is an SUV in name only. why don't we throw in the twin turbo v8 porsche cayenne while we're at it

The Twin Turbo Cayenne is far more expensive than a Suburban, Excursion or X5 3.0d.

The Suburban and Excursion are by far the most pointless viechles out when you consider that a Second gen Pajrto/Montero/Shogun do everything better for far less cost- AND don't take up 3 or 4 lanes when useed on the road

Paonessa
05-08-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Jimster

The Twin Turbo Cayenne is far more expensive than a Suburban, Excursion or X5 3.0d.

The Suburban and Excursion are by far the most pointless viechles out when you consider that a Second gen Pajrto/Montero/Shogun do everything better for far less cost- AND don't take up 3 or 4 lanes when useed on the road
what i'm saying though, is that Porsches and bimmer's aren't typically used as utility vehicles like a suburban or excursion are meant to be, they're more like status symbols. if i were helping a friend move i wouldn't be bringing the x5 or cayenne
and the montero got one of the worst safety ratings ever for an suv cuz it flipped over taking a 90 degree turn at 37.5 mph in testing. i think that was in 2000 and it's probably a resolved issue by now but just the fact that they let it go out to the public like that before fixing the problem steered me away from mitsubishi's truck

BlOOe46
05-08-2003, 12:21 PM
who would take a 90 degree turn at almost 40mph in an suv?

if u manage not to flip the thing ur still going to have trouble with a wide ass turn that will undoubtebly send u into opposing traffic's lanes

v10_viper
05-09-2003, 12:05 PM
I'm pretty sure you can get Quadrasteer in the 3/4 ton Suburbans if you want where as you can't in the Excursion, not so sure I like quadrasteer but it makes it much easier to park and such.

BLU CIVIC
05-09-2003, 12:15 PM
i feel broke just thinking about how much gas those things take:D

BigJustinZ28
05-11-2003, 01:19 PM
doesnt matter either one would easily kill me when your on your cell phone , yelling at your children , not looking , and decide its time to change lanes !!!!!

2strokebloke
05-11-2003, 01:44 PM
Does ford still make the Excursion anymore? I thought they stopped (and it's good thing too if they have) I think scrapped excursions will be the leading source of metal for paperclips (which are far more useful than the average excursion was anyday) in the coming decades.

del
05-11-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by 2strokebloke
Does ford still make the Excursion anymore? I thought they stopped (and it's good thing too if they have) I think scrapped excursions will be the leading source of metal for paperclips (which are far more useful than the average excursion was anyday) in the coming decades.

LOL!! excellent point. the world would never run out of paper clips for the next 100 years. but yeah ford discontinued the excursion. but dont' get your hopes up. an extended version of the expedition is on its way. :rolleyes:

Polygon
05-11-2003, 07:33 PM
I would rather have a Suburban if I had to pick. Honestly; I don't like either. They are both useless off road which makes them cargo haulers. If I want that I will get me a nice truck and I will still have good off road capabilities.

NSUCK
07-17-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by del
having ridden both with some extent, i'll have to say the excursion is roomier, seems to be more solid and brute. it's the work truck between the two where as the suburban is the family hauler more civilized. so if you're going to tow bigass trailers or haul your tools, equipment and other shit, the excursion is better. but for everyday use and road trips with the family, definately the suburban. if i were to buy one of these beasts, i'd have to go with the suburban.

dosn't the suburban have a higher towing class?

v10_viper
07-17-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by NSUCK

dosn't the suburban have a higher towing class?

You might be right because isn't there an available 8.1 litre Vortech engine for the Suburban's, or are you trying to compare these in their most basic form??

Z28_dude
09-02-2003, 03:21 PM
Yeah, Excursions look like school buses. :lol:

ke65000
09-02-2003, 05:23 PM
i have to go with the suburban, i know a guy that has a 89 i think, late 80s anyway, and hes put that thing their so much shit, and it keeps on kicking. yes it is a beast and is a gas eater but its not going to fall apart any time soon

Add your comment to this topic!