Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Free A/C stuff, just pay shipping

jake1ekaj
06-08-2010, 11:24 PM
I am taking all the A/C stuff off my whip, its a 96 L3 . If anyone is interested in it, I will send it to you, you just need to pay the shipping. I think the compressor is whipped, but the rest of it is intact. After two years of not running, it still had pressure on the high and low side. The only thing that is staying is the evaporator for now. That is too much of a pain in the can to remove. The rest of the plumbing and condenser/fan is up for grabs.

With all that removed, will it throw a code? Or is it only with the switch on that will it code out?

If you talked real sweet, I might think about removing the evaporator and the other thingy-ma-jig thing in there. (expansion valve)

syrjr1
06-09-2010, 05:22 AM
Removing the A/C won't give you a trouble code. You should be good there. I'd be interested in the condensor w/fan.
Thanks, Ron

jake1ekaj
06-09-2010, 12:01 PM
OK, I just have to get it out. The car has spent most of its life in the south mid west, except for the last 4 years in Omaha. Not much corrosion. I have to get the front side of the engine back together and stuff, but then I'll remove it and work on boxing it and sending it to you. Plus I'm fixin to move to NY as I'm retiring from the AF. Could I have anymore to heap on my plate.

syrjr1
06-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Please don't feel you have to rush. I'm in no hurry for it. What part of NY?
Ron

jake1ekaj
06-09-2010, 12:41 PM
About 50 miles south of Rochester. Its the little town of Cohocton, NY.

Add your comment to this topic!