Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Oil Issues

Westell
06-06-2010, 06:48 PM
I read a few other posts on here about this. I have a 99 ex coupe. I have gone through 3 quarts in 2000 miles. No smoke from exhaust i have slight damp area driver side back corner of valve cover (Could be from putting oil in spilled a little. Underside of engine looks ok don't see any running on pan dirty but dry. I'm stumped Not sure where else to look. Plan on checking the plugs but honestly i have no idea what a spark plug with oil on it looks like(seen ones that were to hot and normal wear). Guess looking for a blackened plug?

consultIII
06-06-2010, 08:42 PM
might show a residue build up on one side of the center electrode. oil leaking past the valve stem seals typically show this build up. perform a compression check while you have the plugs out. If low do a wet compression check.

Is your car a high miler?

Westell
06-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Yes 184K I noticed if the car is driven gently it doesn't seem to be missing any oil or no where near as much.

lovecats
06-15-2010, 10:19 AM
I read a few other posts on here about this. I have a 99 ex coupe. I have gone through 3 quarts in 2000 miles. No smoke from exhaust i have slight damp area driver r4i gold (http://www.r4-dsi.es/6-r4i-gold) side back corner of valve cover (Could be from putting oil in spilled a little. Underside of engine looks ok don't see any running on pan dirty but dry. I'm stumped Not sure where else to look. Plan on checking the plugs but honestly i have no idea what a spark plug with oil on it looks like(seen ones that were to hot and normal wear). Guess looking for a blackened plug?

I came across the same problem. And have no solution

Westell
06-17-2010, 09:41 PM
Plugs are a light color on the electrode and top. Flat section right after the treads is black like carbon on 3 and one is half and half? They are autolite plugs. Still no oil reaching the ground. Oil change coming up and i can see her belly check for any running.

Add your comment to this topic!