Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fuel pump part

rynehiter
06-03-2010, 08:39 PM
I just got a new fuel pump for my 98 s10 2.2l and it didnt come with new connector clips that connect the fuel line to the pump. One of the three connectors doesnt click in right. Does anyone know what those are called and where I could get replacements for them? Thanks!

MT-2500
06-04-2010, 08:37 AM
I just got a new fuel pump for my 98 s10 2.2l and it didnt come with new connector clips that connect the fuel line to the pump. One of the three connectors doesnt click in right. Does anyone know what those are called and where I could get replacements for them? Thanks!
Center line with outside ring or outside one with inside clips?
IF YOU CAN NOT REUSE OR RESHAPE OLD ONE ON IT.
DEALER OR PARTS PLACES MAY HAVE THEM.
Even you pick and pull bone yard or some of you local repair shops may have a old on off old pump.

rynehiter
06-04-2010, 01:08 PM
I am not sure if they are inside or outside. I dont remember much about them. Does anyone know what they are called. There are three of them. they are small plastic peices that connect the three hoses onto the fuel pump. Thanks for any help!

MT-2500
06-04-2010, 02:01 PM
I am not sure if they are inside or outside. I dont remember much about them. Does anyone know what they are called. There are three of them. they are small plastic peices that connect the three hoses onto the fuel pump. Thanks for any help!

Why not take them off of the old pump?

Jerseydevil1953
06-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Fuel Line Quick-Connect fitting. they can be either made of plastic or metal

old_master
06-07-2010, 09:42 PM
The fuel line retainer clips are plastic. The vapor line, (smaller line) does not use a retainer clip, it just pushes on til it clicks. The pressure line clip is 3/8", the return line clip is 5/16". Any good auto parts store will have them, do not reuse the old clips.

Add your comment to this topic!